In Dubai, everything is just way over the top. Skyscrapers are not only iconic and impressive, but are also built like something out of a sci-fi film. Shopping opportunities vary from traditional souqs to world-class shopping centres. And in the midst of a vast desert is a snow-packed ski centre suitable for skiing and snowboarding.
Essentially a desert, Dubai seems to present a harsh landscape. But wait until you see its magnificent infrastructures and superb tourist amenities. It is a bustling and vibrant microcosm where cultures from all over the world converge and connect through a myriad of experiences. But what really makes Dubai an attractive holiday destination is its liberal policies that opened its doors for visitors from all over the world.
Top places to visit in Dubai
This travel destination has multiple districts with each one boasting a unique character.
- Jumeirah is a multicultural and diverse district with residents, ranging from Europeans to Desi. What makes it a favourite among tourists and residence is its proximity and accessibility to the beach.
- Downtown Dubai is where you find the Burj Khalifa and the world’s biggest shopping centre to Dubai Mall.
- Satwa is Dubai's own version of Little India and Little Manila, because of the growing number of Indians and Filipinos opening up shop in the area. It is also one of the few places you can shop for gold where you don't need to wrestle with the crowd.
There are plenty of other top places to visit in Dubai. To maximise your vacation, choose Dubai holiday packages that will suit your idea of a fantastic trip.
Top things to do in Dubai
Explore Old Dubai and Modern Dubai for an eye-opening time travel, which is something you don't get to do in most vacation destinations. What is even better is that the features of either category present a wide range of sightseeing & activities that will make your Dubai holiday doubly enjoyable.
- Check out the beaches for a spot of swimming, diving, fishing and chartered cruise. Hiring a yacht in Dubai is one of the most popular things to do.
- You should also indulge in a desert safari or dune bashing, and live like a Bedouin for one day. For some outdoor adventure, don't pass up the opportunity to visit remote and rugged wadis.
- Don't forget to try out the indoor ski slopes for skiing and snowboarding. No need to bring anything because pretty much all essential equipment is supplied in-house.
Other things to do include camel races, hot air balloon ride, and a trip to the zoo and the Dubai Dolphinarium.
Top attractions in Dubai
- The Burj Khalifa is one of the top attractions that people want to see when visiting Dubai. It is still the tallest building in the world, after all. And it would be probably hold that title for a little while longer.
- Dubai Museum belongs to Old Dubai as it is home to artefacts related to the social history of the emirate up to the latest technology, as shown through it reconstructed souq.
- Bastakia Quarter is a 19th-century residence for the wealthy merchants from Persia. One of the prominent features are the wind towers that are considered an early form of air conditioning.
Dubai Holiday Packages
There are more ways than one to discover Dubai, and discover more you shall. Checkout Dubai holiday packages now.