There are very few places in the world where passion and sophistication translate into everything and anything that you can see and touch. Spain definitely tops the list. From the flamenco to paella, and everything else in between, make this country in the Iberian Peninsula a holiday destination where one must travel to once in their lifetime.
Be prepared for the warm welcome, the relaxed lifestyle, exceptional cuisine, and conversations that sound intimate even when delivered in an animated way. And don't forget the sightseeing & activities you will enjoy, considering that Spain has the second largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and a stunning landscape that offers plenty of possibilities.
Places to visit in Spain
Where should you start? Between two independent cities and among autonomous regions, there are a huge number of places to visit in Spain, from Asturias to Tenerife. But some of the cities that are usually included in holiday packages are:
- Madrid, the vibrant capital that has everything a tourist would want to satisfy their senses, from interesting architecture to a vibrant nightlife. In Madrid, there's no shortage of things to do, see and enjoy.
- Barcelona provides an interesting mix of modern and cultural aspects for a more memorable and educational vacation. It has some of the most fantastic beaches too.
- Seville is home to Seville Cathedral, the third largest church in the world. It is also an important and verdant city, what with it being the center of culture and finance of southern Spain.
And let's not forget Ibiza, the clubbing and rave capital in the world, and where some of the best DJs perform. But partying is just one of the things to do when in this part of Spain.
Things to do in Spain
The best way to truly enjoy and experience Spain is to travel in time for local festivals. The country has plenty of them and they’re definitely worth taking part in. Take a pick among Feria de Abril, Carnival, Fiesta de San Isidro, San Sebastian International Film Festival and many others.
In between festival celebrations, you can go canyoning in various parts of Spain that will allow you to swim, climb and jump to get the full experience of canyoning. Go rock climbing in Los Mallos or on the escarpments in the Parades Mountain in Siurana. The village is also the perfect place for trekking, kayaking, climbing and even wine tasting.
You should also include in your list of things to do water sports hiking, downhill skiing and scuba diving. Now all you need is enough holiday time to enjoy all these activities.
Top attractions in Spain
Sightseeing & activities in Spain can start and end with historic cities and UNESCO Heritage Sites scattered all over the country. In Andalusia alone, there are 6 Heritage Sites, including the palace and fortress complex of Alhambra, the Donana National Park, and the Mezquita and Historic Centre of Cordoba.
- Teide National Park - According to UNESCO, this natural wonder “is regarded as the world’s third-tallest volcanic structure and stands in a spectacular environment”. Don’t you just want to see it with your own eyes?
- Beach of La Concha - In the Bay of La Concha lies one of Europe’s most popular urban beaches, known for its long stretch of sandy beach.
Spain holiday packages
Plenty more attractions are included in Spain holiday packages , all of which will make your vacation truly unforgettable.