Switzerland - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Beyond the icing-topped mountains and the curtain of soft chocolate is a magical holiday destination renowned for its breath-taking landscapes. Switzerland has the Alps in the South, Jura in the northwest, and rolling hills in between. It is a perfect place for a vacation the whole year round. People from other parts of the world visit Switzerland to cool off during winter, and to commune with nature during summer. And most of them stay during spring and fall too. But one of the most visited feature of this country is the Gruyere cheese found in Gruyères.
Places to visit in Switzerland
Divided into several districts, with each one having cities, villages and towns offering unique sightseeing & activities, your holiday in Switzerland would be anything but boring.
- The Jura Mountains, for example, is renowned for excellent watch-making and provides the perfect venue for hiking and lake fishing.
- Zurich is the largest city of the Swiss Confederation and home to someone very interesting tourist attractions, such as the picturesque old town of Altstadt, the Grossmünster cathedral with its twin towers, and the Swiss National Museum with its collection of modern art.
- Interlaken, is a breathtaking resort town located very uniquely between lakes Thun and Brienz in central Switzerland. Interlaken is a gateway to the Bernese Oberland, offers magnificent views of famous Alps Mountains of Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. It is also a natural base for everyone visiting ‘The Jungfraujoch’, the highest peak of Swiss Alps and called the Top of Europe.
- Maximum traveller from all over the world visits Lucerne, a beautiful city in central Switzerland. Lucern's colorful Old Town, iconic wooden bridge ( Kapellbrücke), beautiful Lake Lucerne, snowcapped mountains makes it a picture perfect Swiss Town. It is also a gateway for the travellers visiting Mount Titlis by a cable car from Engelberg, a small town near Lucerne.
- Bellinzona is where you should be heading when you want to check out medieval castles and world UNESCO Heritage sites as part of your list of things to do when in Switzerland.
Other places to visit include Valais, where the highest peaks and the largest glaciers of Europe are found; Bernese Highlands and its impressive Bernese Alps, and Bern for a look at its Aare river and old town arcades.
Top things to do in Switzerland
When in Switzerland, the most popular things to do is to ski during winter, that is. When the weather is less frigid, check out its lakes and rivers. You should also trek from Altdorf to Adelboden, via Alpina Green Trail to witness the spectacular scenery of the Swiss Alpine mountains and their surroundings.Want to bring out the adventurer in you? Engage in mountain sports, such as ice climbing, snowboarding, deep-snow skiing, glacier walking and heli-skiing. Head out to St Moritz for a one-of-a-kind snow polo.
To make your holiday more fun and memorable, join a local festival, especially when you travel mid-July to August when there's always something happening every Saturday. Take part of performances, crafts, wine tasting, or even Swiss wrestling. Now, for some R&R, choose holiday tour packages to smaller towns in Switzerland, stay in a quaint village and just unwind. This is also the perfect time and place to stay off the grid even just for a day or two, for a truly relaxing vacation.
Top attractions in Switzerland
- Glaciers and Peaks - Switzerland have plenty of glaciers and peaks, from Dufourspitze to the Matterhorn. With popular resorts nearby, skiing and relaxing are more than possible. Don’t forget to ride the Little Matterhorn cable car.
- St. Gallen - This ancient city centre is home of the famous Abbey Library, Benedictine monastery, baroque castle and baroque Cathedral.
- Swiss Lakes - Lake Lucerne, Lake Geneva, Lake Zurich, and Lake Constance are just a few of the Swiss Lakes that enhance the landscape of Switzerland. Take a lake cruise or a ferry trip.
Switzerland holiday packages from India
There are a wide range of Switzerland holiday packages from India to choose from. In fact, if you wish to see the best of Switzerland during your Swiss holiday, it is recommended to sign up for one of the Switzerland holiday package tours on offer or simply reach out to our expert travel consultant to customise a Swiss holiday package tour for you from any city in India like Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and many more.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Witness breathtaking snowy mountain landscapes on this day trip from Zurich to Mount Titlis. First, ...
Sure to be a highlight of your Switzerland vacation, this day trip from Zurich takes you into the Sw...
Cross the Switzerland-France border with an informative guide and marvel at the majesty of the Europ...
Embark on a spectacular Alpine journey from Zurich to the Top of Europe! Travel by coach through the...
Visit the summit of Mt Titlis on an afternoon tour from Lucerne, where spectacular mountain vistas a...
Travel to the top of Europe and admire the soaring peaks of the Swiss Alps on this 9.5-hour Jungfrau...
Immerse yourself in a breathtaking Alpine wonderland on this guided day trip from Interlaken to the ...
Immerse yourself in a world of mountains and valleys, alpine lakes and meadows, waterfalls, gorges, ...
Enjoy a day of Alpine adventure in Switzerland on this half-day, summer trip to Mt Pilatus from Luce...
Venture from Lucerne through the Swiss Alps to the highest point in Europe! On this unforgettable da...