Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Ajmer - Holiday Tour Packages
A vacation destination less traveled, Ajmer is Rajasthan’s best kept secret. But not to the pilgrims who faithfully flock to the city to pay homage to the shrine and resting place of the Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti. This bustling city, however, has more to offer than just a tomb and shrine. It is a travel destination that has everything for everyone, especially nature lovers. Sightseeing & activities out here are as diverse as the city itself.
Places to visit in Ajmer
Among the many places of interest in the city, Ana Sagar and its surrounding areas always make it to holiday packages to Ajmer. This man-made lake is surrounded by Ajmer and ringed by the Aravalli Hills. Yes, it is a tranquil travel destination you should not miss when in the city. Nearby is Daulat Bagh, a beautiful garden that provides the perfect venue for some fun and relaxation. Not far from the lake are marble monuments ideal for a photo op. Along the way, you will also pass by a Jain temple that has an impressive architecture.
Ajmer is also home to a major pilgrimage center for Muslims and Hindus. Garib Nawaz Dargah is where you should be if you want to see local ceremonial rites performed by priests. Afterwards, you can then check out the goods at the Dargah Bazaar. There are many other places to visit in Ajmer, but you would have to see them with your own eyes.
Things to do in Ajmer
- Visit religious places that Ajmer is famous for. Sightseeing in this city can take on a contemplative and profound feel.
- Shop in the markets, bazaars and other retail centers in the city. Ajmer is known as a shopper’s paradise, after all.
- Hire a boat and enjoy a lake cruise at Ana Sagar. This provides a different option to see the view from the waters. You can also hire a pedal boat or motorboat.
- Enjoy a camel ride in the city, then head straight to Pushkar.
Top attractions in Ajmer
- Dargah Sharif - The tomb of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti is one of the most frequently visited places in Ajmer both by Muslim pilgrims and tourists from all over the world. Aside from the saint’s shrine, Dargah Sharif is also home to numerous monuments and a mosque. The entire complex is admired for its Mughal architecture, and anyone who has visited the shrine swears by its reverent appeal, especially with the divine scent of incense sticks and the sound of qawwalis playing in the background.
- Taragarh Fort - Established by the Chauhan Dynasty, the Taragarh Fort is built on the Aravallis and is the perfect spot to be if you want to get a bird’s eye view of the entire city of Ajmer. It features an impressive structure made entirely of rectangular-shaped rocks.
- Royal Residence of Emperor Akbar - Used to be home to royalty, Emperor Akbar's residence has now been converted into a museum that houses fine sculptures, armors from the Mughal Empire and Rajput clan, and other artifacts.
There are plenty more sightseeing & activities to discover in Ajmer. So how about you choose holiday packages that let you see the best of the city during your vacation?