Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Aswan - Holiday Tour Packages from India
The Nile Valley never looked more breathtaking and serene than in Aswan. Located over 800 km south from Cairo, it is one of the best holiday destinations in Egypt that most tourists travel to during winter. Yes, Egypt may be a desert, but Aswan is a renowned winter destination, giving you the best of both worlds in terms of sightseeing & activities, depending on which time of the year you visit. What is even better is that the city is not as densely populated as Cairo and has a more relaxed vibe. Ready to choose Aswan holiday packages ? Make sure it includes the best of the city.
Top places to visit in Aswan
It may be small, but the city of Aswan is big on sightseeing & activities found in different areas in the city.
- Awan Town and the East Bank has treasures of old and new, mixed seamlessly to create a magnificent travel destination. It is home to the Nubian Museum, Fatimid Cemetery and the Unfinished Obelisk.
- The River and Islands has natural and man-made wonders worth visiting. The Elephantine Island is home to temples, ancient settlements and modern hotels. The Seheyl Island is where you will find a cliff with over 200 18th-dynasty inscriptions.
- West Bank is where numerous tombs can be found, some of which are quite prominent location-wise. The Kubbet al Hawa sits at a hilltop and above other resting places in the area. Each tomb in the West Bank is known for something. The Tomb of Harkhuf for its hieroglyphics, and the Tomb of Sarenput II for its pillars that are decorated with reliefs.
There are plenty of other places to visit around Aswan that offers an interesting thing or two.
Top things to do in Aswan
- Choose between a short cruise and long cruise across the Nile, the difference of which depends on the transportation provided.
- Bring out the adventurous shopper in you and visit Aswan Souk for Egyptian and African goods. With the bazaar’s colors and vibrant activities, it can be a spot for a unique form of sightseeing & activities.
- Visit the Temple of Philea, in the Island of Philea, at night and witness a spectacular display of light and sound.
- Sign up for any of the trips to Abu Simbel, a must in every Egyptian vacation.
- Ride a camel and visit the Monastery of St Simeon
- Cycle around the city and see most of the alleys and streets that you rarely get to see aboard a cab or train. Cross the bridge and return the same way aboard a ferry.
There may not be a lot of hair-raising things to do in Aswan, but the activities you get to enjoy are still exciting.
Top tourist attractions in Aswan
- Unfinished Obelisk - This amazing masterpiece located South of Aswan is the largest ancient obelisk ever known. It is carved out of bedrock, which accounts for its amazing characteristics.
- Aswan Botanical Gardens - Spanning over 6 hectares, this botanical garden is home to hundreds of birds and plants, including palm trees. It was in the 1890s when the privately owned island was converted into the Aswan Botanical Gardens.
- Kalabsha Temple - Although the Kalabsha Temple and its ruins are original, its location is not. Due to the threat of floodwaters from the Lake Nassser, UNESCO had the tourist attraction moved to save it.
Aswan holiday packages
There are a wide range of Aswan, Egypt holiday packages to choose from. In fact, if you wish to see the best of Aswan during your holiday, it is recommended to sign up for one of the Aswan, Egypt holiday package tours on offer.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Enjoy beautiful Nile Valley scenery as you cruise down the River Nile on a 4-day cruise from Aswan t...
Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you cruise the Nile on a 4-day journey from Aswan to Luxor. Sightseei...
Fast track your journey and take the quick route to see the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel on an ...
See the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel on a minibus tour from Aswan. With a qualified Egyptologis...
One of the best ways to see Egypt is to take a trip on the River Nile. You can cruise between Aswan ...
The ancient temples of Abu Simbel, built by Pharaoh Ramses II and relocated to a dramatic lakeside s...
Spend 4 days relaxing on a leisurely Nile River cruise from Aswan, complete with accommodations. Acc...
Step back in time to the age of the pharaohs and discover the jewels of the Nile River on this priva...
Take a private tour to explore three of Aswan most popular and well known sites. Walk on the High Da...
Discover the beauty of the river Nile and the unusual riverside temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu on this...