Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Bikaner - Holiday Tour Packages
Bikaner is the capital city of the Rajasthan district in Rajasthan, India and is located in the northwestern part of the state, particularly situated 330 kilometers northwest of Jaipur, the state’s capital. The city was founded by Rao Bika in 1486, and from its small roots, it has grown into the 5th largest city in Rajasthan, of which development was helped facilitated by the completion of the Ganges Canal and the Indira Gandhi Canal. The city is rich in culture, and as such, it is undoubtedly a great destination for travel, sightseeing and activities. When choosing your holiday packages, consider the following information:
Places to visit in Bikaner
There is a lot of places of cultural interest you will find in Bikaner. These include the Junagarh Fort, which was built by Raja Rai Singh and has a museum that displays ornaments and weapons of past eras; the Laxmi Niwas Palace, which is the former residential palace of the former Bikaner state’s king, Maharajah Ganga Singh, designed by the British architect Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob, and now a luxury hotel; and the Bikaner Camel Research Center, where you can learn about the camel breeds common to the place. Other places that you should visit are Fort Lalgarh, Shivbari Temple, Jain Temple Bhandasar, Rampuriya Haveli, the Ganga museum and Devi Kund Sagar, which have a royal crematorium with lot of cenotaphs.
Things to do in Bikaner
- Experience a desert safari - As alternative to Jaisalmer, which can be touristy, you can take desert safaris, where you can ride a camel, on your vacation in Bikaner. Unlike the Jaisalmer, the Bikaner desert has more wildlife and vegetation that you can see.
- Indulge yourself in great food - Among the best authentic food that you should try in this wonderful destination are the kachoris, samosas, rava dosa, typical Indian-Chinese chow mein and some Indian sweets. You can find these foods at several establishments, particularly Chai Patti, Chhappan Bhog and Sankhla Kulfi.
- Do some bar-hopping - Make your travel to Bikaner complete with bar-hopping at some of the city’s best bars with good interiors, such as the Jaswant Bar.
Top attractions and landmarks in Bikaner
While there are so many places to see in Bikaner, you should not miss out on the following:
- The Jungarh Fort - This fort, along with its palaces and temples, are well-preserved to provide you with insight into the grandeur lifestyles of the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past.
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace - The style of architecture of this palace, which is now a luxury hotel owned by Golden Triangle Fort & Palace P., is Indo-Saracenic. It is a magnificent structure built with red sandstone.
- The Karni Mata Temple - You will find this world-famous shrine in the town of Deshnoke, specifically 30 kilometers south of the city on the road to Jodhpur. Here, you will find people worshipping Karni Mata as the incarnation of Goddess Durga.
Bikaner holiday packages
There you have it! Do not forget these things when creating your Bikaner trip itinerary or choosing holiday packages. Enjoy and stay safe!