Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Bukhara - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Bukhara is the fifth-largest city of Uzbekistan and is called as a city-museum because it has about 140 architectural monuments. It is said that there has been people settlement in the region around Bukhara for at least five millennia, with the city existing for about half that time. Situated along the Silk Road, the city has been a center of trade, culture, education and religion, with its historic center, containing numerous madrassas and mosques, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Top places to visit in Bukhara, Uzbekistan
Bukhara is regarded as a holy Muslim city, where you find a great number of well-preserved buildings, including mosques, shrines and madrasahs, with the latest one dating back to the 19th century. You can start your exploration from the Lyabi-Khaus pond, which indicates the entry to the 17th-century Nadir Divan-begi madrasah. You can then head to the city’s historical center, which has altogether 140 medieval structures with looks that are said to be unchanged for hundreds of years. It is also here where you find yourself in a world that screams of a medieval East feeling with narrow paved side-streets that are lined by magnificent structures, which are decorated with intricate ornaments, Arab ligature, majolica and blue domes. You should also visit the Old Town, which is great to discover on foot.
Top things to do in Bukhara, Uzbekistan
If you want your trip to this beautiful city more memorable, include the following activities in your holiday package.
- Explore the Bug Pit - British soldiers Connolly and Stoddart were executed in 1842 in front of the Ark Fortress, ending their years of torture in the Zindon prison. It is here where the famous Bug Pit, a four-meter deep hole where they spent their time, can be accessed only by rope.
- Dine, while enjoying the great views, at Minzifa - If you love eating some fresh beet salad, then Minzifa is the place to go. Here, you will be able to enjoy a plate of such meal and beer on top of a roof terrace, where you can watch the lovely sunset over the Bukhara skyline.
- Engage in some outdoor activities - There are a lot of outdoor activities you can enjoy in Bukhara, including bird-watching and biking, as well as those that have not done yet in your life, like excavation and watching some petroglyphs in the desert.
Top attractions and landmarks in Bukhara, Uzbekistan
Among the many attractions in this city, the following should top your list:
- Kalyan Minaret - Dubbed as the “Tower of Death”, this minaret served as an observatory, religious hub and an executioner's lair. During times of war, it served as a lookout to look out for invading armies. However, its most famous use was for public execution, where people were thrown from the rotunda at its top to its stone courtyard below.
- Khoja-Gaukushon - This is one of the city’s largest ensembles, where you can find a mosque, minaret and madrasah. Its name, which means “killing of bulls”, was taken from the slaughter-house that once existed on its site.
- Nadir Divan-begi Madrasah - This is part of the architectural complex in the paopular Lyabi-Hauz. It is named after vizier Nadir, who ordered its construction.
Bukhara holiday packages from India
To be able to have the best itinerary for your trip to Bukhara, check out holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Uzbekistan is the ancient cultural center and the most exciting country in Central Asia. Located bet...
Explore Samarkand, the famous capital of the 14th-century Timurid Empire, on this guided, 1-day sigh...
During this trip you will visit historical cities such as Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand. Samarkand...
Samarkand's winemaking history dates back to the early 19th century when a Russian pioneer winemaker...
Enjoy fantastic sights of Samarkand that have always been referred as the heart of the Silk Road. Yo...