Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Cairo - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Crowded, busy and full of life, Cairo is one of Egypt's vibrant, exotic and fascinating travel destinations. It is a holiday spot that has a mix of everything that will make your trip worthwhile and memorable – from ancient landmarks to a modern city center, complete with big hotels and shopping centers. Cairo is also part where the Nile River runs through, one of the world's largest waterways and the most significant in Egypt. Given its vast arid area and crowded streets, expect sightseeing & activities in Cairo to be varied and hot, literally.
Top places to visit in Cairo
Cairo has many places of interest that are worth checking out and exploring during your vacation. When you travel to the capital city of Egypt, staying in one place and doing nothing is often a crime. So go ahead, explore and discover Cairo.
- Old Cairo - Home to Fustat, the very center of Cairo's history, you should not leave the capital without visiting the south of downtown. This location also includes Rhoda Island and Coptic Cairo.
- Midan Tahrir - This is the face of modern Cairo with its big hotels, modern transportation system, and the city's very own version of the Liberation Square.
- Giza - Home of the Giza Pyramids, it is a rarity that holiday packages to Egypt or Cairo excludes Giza from its holiday itinerary or list of places to visit.
Considering the city's size and scope, expect to discover other places to visit during your trip to Cairo.
Top things to do in Cairo
Activities in Cairo is often laid back and designed to make you savor and really immerse in the culture and way of life.
- Spend a day at a coffee shop and smoke sheesha on the side. Doing so makes watching the world and people go by more fun.
- Visit parks scattered in different districts in the city. The Giza Zoo and Al Oman Gardens in the Giza district. Al Azbakieya Gardens in the Azbakiya area. Al-Azhar Park close to the district of well-to-do Egyptians, Heliopolis.
- Jog, trek, rock climb and cycle around the Desert Park in Wadi Degla. You can also engage in a spot of bird and animal watching in the area.
- Go horseback riding for a good view of the Pyramids, or travel to Abu Sir or Saqqara on horseback.
Shopping, watching music and cultural performances, and visiting recreation areas and theme parks are other things to do in Cairo.
Top tourist attractions in Cairo
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx - One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one that has survived the passage of time, the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx are and always will be one of the most visited attractions in Cairo and Egypt, often taking the top spot in holiday packages.
- Cairo Tower - This is where you should be if you want to get a 360-degree view of the city, including a breathtaking glimpse of the Giza Pyramids. Standing at 185m, there will be little obstruction to your observation of the city and its many sights.
Cairo holiday packages from India
With a different offering of sightseeing & activities, Cairo is one travel destination worth visiting the whole year round. Signup for a Cairo holiday package now.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Visit Sakkara's complex of King Zoser, Giza Pyramids, the Egyptian museum and Khan El Khalili market...
Experience Egypt and a Nile Cruise. Start in Cairo to visit the Giza Pyramids and the Egyptian Museu...
If you have a limited time in Egypt and would like to explore the highlights of Luxor City in one da...
Step back in time to the days of ancient Egypt on a private tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and S...
Enjoy 14-days touring Egypt, Jordan, Cairo from Amman. Enjoy and choose from 5 and 4-star luxury acc...
On this private tour several activities are involved and different periods of ancient history of Egy...
Follow Jesus Steps in Egypt with Holiday in Egypt Travels
In a dream, Joseph, the carpenter, was o...
Discover the highlights of ancient Egypt on this 7-night classic cultural tour, including 3-night, 5...
Sail along the Nile, highlighting the areas of Cairo, Alexandria and upper Egypt. Enjoy round-trip t...
Discover Cairo and Alexandria on this three-day guided tour. You'll visit the Giza pyramids and Sphi...