Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Colombo - Holiday Tour Packages
Colombo is the largest city and the commercial capital of Sri Lanka, which is located on the west coast of the island country and adjacent to the official capital city, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte. However, Colombo is often referred to as the capital because Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is actually a satellite city located within Colombo’s urban area. The city is a vibrant and busy place that offers a mixture of colonial ruins and buildings and modern life. To be able to choose the best tour packages for a trip to this city, read on.
Top places to visit in Colombo
Once given the 19th-century moniker “The Garden City of the East”, Colombo has rapidly become a must-visit in Sri Lanka. Here, you can explore the sprawling city and make your way to its southern beaches, which are worthy attractions in their own right. You can check out the Fort, which is known as a colonial landmark that is rich in history, or the Pettah, which is brimming with markets. The city’s cosmopolitan side supports ever-more stylish museums, galleries and restaurants that serve great local food. All of these and more will be experienced on your Sri Lankan vacation.
Top things to do in Colombo
There are many great activities that you can do in this city, and here are some of them:
- Enjoying a City Tour - In this tour, you will get the chance to ride the exciting open-deck double decker to witness the charm of the city.
- Taking in Some Art - This is a top tourist activity in Colombo, given the city has museums showcasing terrific examples of ancient and contemporary sculptures, paintings and other artworks.
- Indulging in Some Seafood at the Mt. Lavinia Beach - A laidback suburb, Mt. Lavinia is where you will find great seafood restaurants along its golden beach. Enjoy some delicacies while feeling the fresh sea breeze, which adds to a fine dining experience.
Top attractions and landmarks in Colombo
Make sure that you prioritize the following when creating your itinerary for this beautiful city.
- Colombo Zoological Gardens - This zoo is home to a variety of animals, reptiles and birds from all over the world. A very popular attraction here is the elephant show, which is held every day.
- The National Museum of Colombo - Also called the Sri Lanka National Museum, this museum is the largest of its kind in the city. It contains great exhibits, including regalia of the 17th-century Kandyan kings.
- Galle Face Green Promenade - Stretching 13 acres between the Indian Ocean and the Galle Road, this promenade is a great place to be for its spectacular view, especially at sundown. This place tends to attract families, teenagers, children and vendors. During weekends, you will see the place full of day-trippers and people picnicking.
Colombo holiday packages
There is a lot of ways to enjoy Colombo, and to get the most out of your experience in this beautiful city, book Sri Lanka holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Camping in Yala National Park is one of the best ways to experience the diverse array of wildlife. T...
Explore some popular and exotic cities on this 4-night tour in Sri Lanka with your own private drive...
Discover the classic attractions of Sri Lanka on a 10-day adventure that covers all six UNESCO World...
Spend seven nights in Sri Lanka experiencing its beautiful cities, historical and wildlife attractio...
This itinerary is perfect for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. We pick you up at Bandaranaike Inter...
Sri Lanka has been ranked amongst the world’s twenty five biodiversity hot spot where we offer uniqu...
This tour covers some very important attractions in Kandy city. The city lies in the midst of hills ...
Sigiriya and Dambulla have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage and once Sigiriya was nominated a...
This tour will give you a memorable experience with different sightseeing activities in the cultural...
Experience the colorful colonial city of Galle on this 12-hour day tour. Depart from Colombo or Nego...