Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Czech Republic - Holiday Tour Packages from India
The Czech Republic is one of the major destinations for travel in Europe, with its capital, Prague, being the most popular choice for people from around the world planning to have a great vacation. Prague attracts large numbers of foreign tourists who mostly hail from Russia, Poland, Germany, Israel, the UK and the US. If you are planning a trip to this country, use the following information to choose Czech holiday packages for this beautiful destination.
Places to Visit in Czech Republic
The 5th most visited city in Europe after London, Paris, Istanbul and Rome, Prague is definitely worth a visit. Since 2005, Prague has been working to improve the city’s reputation by cracking down on petty crime, making it popular as a very safe destination.
The republic offers several centres of tourist sightseeing and activities, and those that you should visit are the spa towns of Karlovy Vary, Mariánské Lázne and Františkovy Lázne and Jáchymov to have a relaxing vacation. If you are into culture, then the place’s architectural heritage will definitely interest you, with many castles and chateaux from various historical époques, namely Ceský Krumlov and Karlštejn Castle.
There are also cathedrals and churches that were elevated to the rank of basilica by the Pope, calm monasteries, many modern and ancient churches, including the Pilgrimage Church of Saint John of Nepomuk, which is inscribed on the World Heritage List. For outdoor pursuits, you can stow away from the towns to areas, such as Ceský ráj, Šumava and the Krkonoše Mountains.
Things to do in Czech Republic
- Indulge in its nightlife - One of the main reasons why Prague is flocked by large amounts of tourists is the low costs associated with its nightlife. You can hop through its large number of clubs and bars that are located close together and often open late, which serves as an additional incentive for tourists.
- Embark on hiking and skiing - The Czech countryside offers protected areas, such as Ceský ráj (Bohemian Paradise), Ceský kras (Bohemian Karst) and Šumava National Park, which feature castles, caves and other landmarks that are good for hiking and cross-country skiing possibilities. For the skiing resorts, they are located from the Northern East to the Northern West of the Czech Republic.
- Visit its vineyards - If you are into wine, you should visit Moravia—a place that is famous for such product.
Top attractions and landmarks in Czech Republic
Among the places that you can do some sightseeing and activities in the Czech Republic, there are those that you should not miss. Here are the top attractions in this destination:
- Prague Castle - The Prague Castle has been central to the history for Eastern Europe for centuries, as it was once housed Holy Roman Emperors, the Habsburgs, the Bohemian kings and, more recently, the country’s president. Over the course of its history, the castle is the world’s largest in terms of area.
- Charles Bridge - This is Prague’s most important river crossing, which spans the River Vltava with many unique points of interest, including numerous fine statues. The bridge is extremely popular among tourists for its fine views that can be enjoyed at dawn and at dusk.
- Brno's Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul - This is one of the country’s most important national monuments that boast of its splendid exterior and exquisite Baroque interior. You can check its crypt, which is home to numerous old tombs and remnants of the original city walls.
Czech holiday packages from India
Before you fly to the Czech Republic, make sure you check for our Czech holiday packages or give your personal travel itinerary a second look if all the perks mentioned in this article are included.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Combine history, art and architecture on this full-day tour of Prague. See Prague Castle, one of Eur...
Soak up the majesty of Prague in style on this luxury 3-hour dinner cruise on the Vltava River. Boar...
If you love castles, you won't want to miss Cesky Krumlov's World Heritage-listed castle! Known as '...
Embark on an educational and historical experience at Terezin Concentration Camp on this coach tour ...
Packed with bars, beer halls and breweries, Prague is considered one of the best places in Europe to...
While in Prague, don't miss this special opportunity to visit Vienna on this full-day guided trip. D...
Visit Kutna Hora, an old mining town founded in the 13th century and famous for its silver mines, on...
Experience the best of Czech Republic's nature and scenery in this 10 to 12-hour Bohemian Switzerlan...
Enjoy this 4-hour guided walking tour consisting of 7 delicious food stops, spiced up by history and...
Become acquainted with the most famous monuments and UNESCO sites in Prague during a 3.5-hour half-d...