Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Edinburgh - Holiday Tour Packages
Edinburgh's key ingredients are breathtaking scenery, stunning architecture, magnificent coast and countryside, vibrant and cosmopolitan city, and fine food. Enjoy them once and keep coming back for more. As the capital of one of the most popular travel destinations in the UK, Edinburgh is the hub for all the best in sightseeing & activities. There is simply no shortage of things to do, see and enjoy in Scotland's capital. It has also been voted in a 2009 poll as UK's most desirable city to live in. How much would you bet that your vacation could turn out to be a relocation?
Places to visit in Edinburgh
- The Old Town in Edinburgh is where most of the famous sights are found – Edinburgh Castle, St Giles' Cathedral, Greyfriars Kirkyard and the Scottish Parliament, among others.
- The New Town is the commercial center of the city, where shopaholics can shop until they drop. It is perfect for shopping for souvenirs.
- The South of Edinburgh is very popular among young students, what with its many interesting places to eat and drink.
- The West of Edinburgh is ideal for children and sports enthusiast, as it is home to an excellent zoo and the impressive Murrayfield rugby stadium.
Each of these districts has something wonderful to offer travel enthusiasts, especially those looking for an adventure.
Things to do in Edinburgh
With all the natural and man-made attractions in Edinburgh, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that hiking is one of the most popular things to do in the area. The best venues are along the Water of Leith and up the Calton Hill. Upon reaching the top, you would be rewarded with an unobstructed view of The National Monument, Firth of Forth, the Stewart Dugald Monument, the Nelson Monument and other iconic landmarks.
Be entertained in Edinburgh’s rendition of theater and concert scene, which is excellent. Make sure you watch a performance in the Edinburgh Playhouse, the largest theater in Europe. Go skiing in the Midlothian Snowsports Centre, the largest artificial ski slope in Europe. With snow available all year round, you can ski even if you travel to Edinburgh in the height of summer. There are slopes for skiers of all levels.
These are just some of the things to do in the area. Regardless of what you fancy doing at the moment, you can will have good fun.
Top attractions in Edinburgh
- National Museum of Scotland - Looking like an old castle in an urban landscape, the National Museum of Scotland houses over 800 installations that boggle the mind yet feed your hunger for history. Different areas in the museum have something different to offer, such as interactive galleries for children, and a rooftop garden for anyone looking for some peace and quiet in between tours.
- Arthur’s Seat - Located east of the city center is this volcano that is only 251 m high and not that hard to climb. You can choose to climb up to the summit, or just stay at the Salisbury Crags for a panoramic view of the city.
- Landmarks - Scotland’s capital is home to numerous landmarks, some of which make it to holiday packages to Edinburgh. These include the Edinburgh Castle, Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh Zoo, and Rosslyn Chapel.
Edinburgh holiday packages
There are a wide range of Edinburgh holiday packages to choose from. In fact, if you wish to see the best of Edinburgh during your holiday, it is recommended to sign up for one of the Edinburgh holiday package tours on offer.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Scottish Highlands on this 12-hour tour from Edinburgh. Depart fr...
Experience the Highland beauty of the Isle of Skye on a 3-day excursion from Edinburgh. You'll spend...
Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of the Scottish Highlands and Isle of Skye on this 3-day small-g...
Discover the best of the Highlands and the Isle of Skye on this 3 day tour from Edinburgh. Visit Ei...
Experience the natural beauty of Scotland on a 5-day tour through the Lowlands, Northern Highlands, ...
Explore the Highland beauty of Scotland's west coast and the Isle of Skye on a 5-day excursion from ...
Explore Edinburgh with a hop-on hop-off bus tour ticket, and see the city's royal sights at your own...
Spend a day experiencing Scotland’s majestic lochs and castles on this day trip to the western...
Discover one of Scotland’s most famous historical attractions at your own pace with this skip-the-li...
Venture to the far-flung Orkney Islands on a 5-day tour from Edinburgh with 3-star accommodation inc...