Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Garden Route - Holiday Tour Packages from India
The Garden Route is a stretch of coast on the south-eastern part of South Africa that extends from Mossel Bay to Storms River. It includes towns, such as Plettenberg Bay, Knysna and Nature’s Valley, with George as its largest city and main administrative center. As the place is home to a verdant and ecologically diverse ecosystem, it encompasses 10 nature reserves that embrace varied habitats on land and in the sea. In fact, some of its bays are nurseries to endangered species, such as the Southern Right Whales, which come here to reproduce in the winter and spring. Considering all the things that you can find in the Garden Route, it is definitely a great destination for a vacation.
Top places to visit in Garden Route
As many people know, the Garden Route is dotted with excellent beaches, as well as picturesque lakes, lagoons, rolling hills and mountains, especially the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma ranges. There are also ancient indigenous forests, lining the coast from Wilderness to Knysna and offering adventure trails for many outdoor activities. If you are a wildlife enthusiast, you would enjoy the Knysna loeries, where you can see the near-mythical elephants that are said to inhabit the forest.
Top things to do in Garden Route
Among the activities that you should do in this region, make sure you prioritize the following:
- Ocean Safari - By taking this tour, you will be able to spot the majestic creatures of the sea, such as Southern Right and Humpback Whales, Brydes Whales, Bottlenose and many other species. Aside from these, you can get a glimpse of orcas, turtles, whale sharks, penguins and otter.
- Quad Adventures - Through this activity, you will have the opportunity to camp under the stars in the wild after a day of winding through dramatic mountain terrain on a quad bike.
- Mountaineering - This activity is very popular in this region, especially in Knysna, where you can have a guided mountaineering trail along the Garden Route.
Top attractions and landmarks in Garden Route
There are many attractions in the Garden Route, but the following are those that should first make up the itinerary for your holiday.
- Garden Route National Park - This park covers a unique system of rivers, lakes, estuaries and wetlands, which are crucial for the survival of many species. There are many places to explore here, such as hiking trails, lakes, a beach and an indigenous forest.
- Robberg Nature & Marine Reserve - This reserve protects a 4-kilometer-long peninsula that has a rugged coastline of cliffs and rocks. It offers walks that can make your trip more enjoyable and memorable, though take note that they are not fit for those who have knee problems. Aside from this, there is a boat trip here that you can take to get a nice view of the peninsula.
- Old Gaol Museum - This museum is a pleasant mid-19th century building complex that was once the gaol. Here, you will see a gallery that displays local art, a community art project and Knysna elephants.
Garden Route holiday packages
There are more ways to discover Garden Route, and to get the most out of them, book Garden Route holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
The 2-3 hour Storms River kayak & lilo adventure is one of the most popular adventure activity w...
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour. A First in Africa Eco family friendly 2.5 hour adventure activity. Enjoy th...
Join our Cheetahs on their morning exercise walk as they investigate the smells from the previous ni...
Adventure into the unknown by Canyoning or kloofing down a beautiful ancient Canyon that winds its w...
The adventure starts at Mossel Bay port where you will be picked up at 10:00am and taken to the Gard...
Cat Lovers Beware! This program is just for you. Spend your day at Tenikwa enjoying a variety of dif...
Knysna is the gem of the Garden Route and this 3-hour guided tour brings you to its treasures, inclu...
The adventure starts at Mossel Bay port where you’ll be picked up at 10:00am and set off on a Seal I...
Geared towards the photographic enthusiast, this program affords ample time and oppertunity to photo...
Observing whales in their natural environment leaves a feel-good mark on the soul- Knysna the best p...