Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Glasgow - Holiday Tour Packages
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland (and the 3rd largest in the UK) and is located at the west end of the country’s Central Belt along the River Clyde. Though the city’s historical significance as the primary industrial centre of Scotland was challenged by regeneration efforts and change, it has managed to remain a key economic center outside London and within the UK.
The city has received European titles, including the Capital of Sport, City of Architecture and Design and the City of Culture, and in 2008, it became the 2nd city of Scotland to join the UNESCO Creative Cities initiative when it was hailed the UNESCO City of Music. All these attributes just mean that Glasgow is definitely a great place for travel, sightseeing and activities. When finding holiday packages for your trip to this beautiful city, check out the following information:
Places to visit in Glasgow
As one of the cities that are most visited by tourists in the British Isles, Glasgow is home to a revitalized city centre, the best shopping centers outside London, excellent parks and great museums. When it comes to architecture, some of the best places to see here are the Glasgow Cathedral, City Chambers, Glasgow Cross, Willow Tea Rooms, Clyde Auditorium, House for an Art Lover and Holmwood House. For art galleries and museums, you should check out the Burrell Collection, Gallery of Modern Art, Glasgow Police Museum, Glasgow Science Centre, Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Old Govan Church and Govan Stones, People's Palace and Winter Gardens, St. Mungo's Museum of Religious Life and Art and Tenement House.
Aside from architectural buildings and museums, there are also other places you can visit for sightseeing and activities, such as parks and heritage sites.
Things to do in Glasgow
- Experience its music scene - For 2 decades, Glasgow has been enjoying a good reputation when it comes to music, with some groups actually lining up to perform in some of its popular venues, such as King' Tuts and the Barrowlands. This means you can watch great music performances throughout the city.
- Watch theater - Home to great arts and theatrical venues, this great city can offer you a range of performances, including symphony orchestras, drama and comedy.
- Watch football - Glasgow has 3 of the largest football stadiums in Scotland, which means that you can watch great games during your vacation. Among the popular clubs that play in this city are the Rangers and Celtic.
- Indulge in shopping - Like in other major cities in Europe, shopping can be very enjoyable in Glasgow, as it has some of the best retail spaces in the world. As a merchant city, it is home to several shopping centers, including the Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch Centre and the Princes Square.
Aside from these activities, of course you can try the great food and drinks that are unique to the place.
Top attractions and landmarks in Glasgow
While there is a plethora of tourist attractions in Glasgow, there are some places that you should not miss visiting. These include:
- Glasgow Cathedral - This is a fine example of Gothic architecture that dates back to the medieval times. Behind it is the Necropolis cemetery, which has a moniker of “City of the Dead” and is dominated by the statue of John Knox.
- City Chambers - Built in 1888, this is an imposing structure located in the George Square with an Italian Renaissance style and is the headquarters of the city council. Tours are available daily, where you can see brilliant lobbies, debating chambers and banquet hall.
- Gallery of Modern Art - With a magnificent collection of paintings and sculptures, this place can make your day trip in Glasgow more memorable.
Glasgow holiday packages
Now, are you ready to start planning for your travel to the wonderful city? Make sure that the Glasgow holiday packages you will choose includes all the places and activities mentioned above. Enjoy and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Take the high road to the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness on a small group day trip from Glasgow. Y...
This tour takes you to Loch Lomond, Kilmartin Glen, the west coast in Oban, riding the Jacobite Stea...
Spend the day exploring the beautiful Scottish countryside on this shore excursion from Greenock por...
Discover the best of the Highlands and the Isle of Skye on this 3 day tour from Glasgow. Visit Eilea...
Travel to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond in style and enjoy a wee dram of whisky on a small-group t...
Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of the Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Skye on a three-day sm...
Experience Scotland on this 8 - 10 hour day tour visiting the main filming locations that brought Di...
What could be more quintessentially Scottish than lochs and castles? You'll travel through the pictu...
Join your knowledgeable and fun driver-guide on a Highlands and Loch Ness 2 day tour from Glasgow an...
Explore Glasgow, one of the liveliest and most cosmopolitan destinations in Europe with this City Si...