Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Hungary - Holiday Tour Packages
A country in Central Europe, Hungary borders Slovakia to the north, Serbia to the south, Romania to the east, Austria to the west, Ukraine to the north east, Slovenia and Croatia to the south west. It is a member of the Schengen Border-Less Europe Agreement and the European Union.
When it comes to travel, sightseeing and activities, holiday packages, Hungary offers many diverse destinations, with the Great Plain in the east, relatively low mountains in the north-west, many beautiful small villages and hidden gems of cities, and lakes and rivers of all sorts. Moreover, it has a vivid culture and economy, as well as great accessibility thanks to its position in the middle of Europe, which means that it is a destination not worth missing if you are on a vacation in the region. But ensure you maximize your Hungary trip, make sure your chosen Hungary holiday packages include the most important elements.
Top places to visit in Hungary
Despite its relatively small size, Hungary is one of the world’s most popular destinations, with a capital that is also regarded as one of the most beautiful in the world. The country has numerous World Heritage Sites and UNESCO Biosphere reserves that you can visit, including Lake Hévíz (the second largest thermal lake in the world), Lake Balaton (the largest lake in Central Europe) and Hortobágy (the largest natural grassland in Europe).
With regards to buildings, you can check out the Great Synagogue (the largest synagogue in Europe), Széchenyi Medicinal Bath (the largest medicinal bath in Europe), Esztergom Basilica (the third largest church in Europe), Pannonhalma Archabbey (the second largest territorial abbey in the world), Gödöllo (the second largest Baroque castle in the world), Pécs (the largest Early Christian Necropolis outside Italy), the Millennium Underground (the 2nd underground in Europe and the 3rd all over the world after New York and London.
Top things to do in Hungary
- Bird Watching - Hungary is an excellent destination for a bird-watching vacation, as it has many wooded hills, vast fish-pond systems and grasslands. Particularly, you can do this activity in the areas of the Kiskunsag and Hortobagy National Parks, as well as the Aggtelek, Bukk and Zemplen Hills.
- Horse-Back Riding - With vast areas of open countryside that are historically rich with long traditions of horsemanship, this is an ideal country for riding.
- Taking Baths - With over a thousand thermal springs, the country is filled with thermal waters, many of which have been turned into spas and baths. You can visit the most famous Szechenyi baths in Budapest, which is the biggest thermal bath complex in Europe. There are also cave baths, such as Miskolc-Tapolca and the spa at Egerszalók.
Top attractions and landmarks in Hungary
Amongst the best attractions you should see in Hungary are:
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue
- Old Village of Hollóko and its surroundings
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its natural environment
- Hortobágy National Park
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs
- Ferto/Neusiedlersee cultural landscape
- Tokaj Wine Region historic cultural landscape
- Major tourist destinations, including the Lake Balaton, with wine hills and thermal spa in Hévíz
Hungary holiday packages
Now, what are you waiting for? Plan your itinerary now or check for Hungary holiday packages that suit your taste and budget. Enjoy and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Enjoy a relaxing night out in Budapest with this scenic Danube River cruise. Sip drinks including wi...
Purchase your ticket ahead of time and skip the main entrance line at Széchenyi Spa, Budapest’s larg...
Savor some of Hungary’s delicious wines on this 4-5-hour wine tasting and dinner experience in the E...
Experience 360-degree views of Budapest as you travel aboard an open-top, double-decker Big Bus. Aud...
Take an excursion into Hungary's history on this popular Danube Bend full day trip. Traveling by air...
Visiting Budapest is not complete without bathing in one of its world-famous thermal spring spas. Eu...
Join our Grand City Tour and see the most important attractions of Budapest. Enjoy the panoramic vie...
Before the tour starts, you'll have an orientation session. You will have time practice on the Segwa...
This dinner cruise will enchant your evening through Budapest along on the Danube. During the cruise...
Your best evening in Budapest will be spent on this combination folklore show and Danube dinner crui...