Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Istanbul - Holiday Tour Packages from India
A place capable of transporting you back in time, 2000 years ago or so, through its historical buildings and culture-rich streets is what Istanbul is all about. Located strategically between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, between the Balkans and Anatolia, and on the Bosphorus Peninsula, this most populous and popular city in Turkey culturally and physically bridges Asia and Europe. As a Holiday destination where East and West meet, Istanbul has sightseeing & activities that are a lot more than the number of minarets in the city. And no, you can't count them with your fingers and toes.
Places to visit in Istanbul, Turkey
Do you want to see famous historical sites in Istanbul in one go? Head out to Sultanahmet-Old City, the oldest part of Istanbul, and Constantinople of the Roman, the Ottoman and the Byzantine periods.
- The Western Suburbs of Istanbul carries the European side, while the eastern half has the Asian Side. Not exactly easy to get to from one point to another, but visiting these areas would be like traveling to Asia and Europe minus the long-distance flights.
- Princes' Islands is an archipelago that consists of nine islands that you can explore on foot or on a bike, but never the need for a car. Regardless of the size, each island provides an excellent getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city of Istanbul.
There are plenty of other districts to visit in the city that offer fascinating sightseeing & activities. Some may be touristy than most, but worth spending your holiday in.
Things to do in Istanbul, Turkey
- Visiting Hamams of Istanbul is an essential part of any Istanbul holiday. Turkish baths vary from just historical to historical and extravagant. Some offer a good scrubbing and/or a massage, which could be a great experience after a long day of engaging in different activities.
- Smoke a hookah or water pipe in Yeniçeriler Caddesi near the Grand Bazaar. Locally known as nargile, the Turkish water pipe used to be the center of the social and political life of Istanbul. Although it is not the case today, locals still think of it as one of life's great pleasures, and something you should experience when you travel to Istanbul.
- Plenty of areas in the city offer an opportunity for historical and educational walking tours. A leisurely stroll between Hagia Sophia and Topkapi museum, for example, would take at least 3 to 4 hours to complete, which says a lot about the many things you will see and discover in these charming areas.
Other things to do include a Bosphorus Cruise, Jewish heritage tour, Theodosian walls walk, and shopping at bazaars.
Top attractions in Istanbul, Turkey
The four zones that make up the World Heritage Site of Istanbul are represented by its prestigious monuments, and historical buildings and ruins. These are the Archaeological Park, the Süleymaniye quarter, the Zeyrek quarter, and the zone of the ramparts.
The Basilica Cistern will give you a lesson in plumbing in its very interesting and fascinating form. Yes, a visit to this attraction will give you a new appreciation for how drinking water was delivered to the city during the olden days. Oh, did we mention that the Basilica Cistern is also a romantic tourist attraction? Hmmm...water and love?
Istanbul, Turkey holiday packages from India
Turkey, Istanbul Holiday packages are sure to be bursting at the seams with places to visit, things to do and attractions that will leave you in awe long after you leave Istanbul.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Tick through Turkey’s classic sights on this spellbinding 7-day tour that starts and finishes in Ist...
Visit six top Istanbul attractions in one day on a full-day sightseeing tour of the city! The action...
There is no better way to see Istanbul than on a double-decker, hop-on hop-off bus. See top Istanbul...
Travel along the breathtaking coastline of Turkey’s Aegean region, full of ancient Greek cities, on ...
If you are looking for something special and extraordinary then look no further. The best tour in Tu...
See some of the best of southern Cappadocia on this full-day tour from Istanbul, including round-tri...
Visit the ancient city of Troy and learn about its significance in Greek mythology as the main battl...
This full-day tour of Istanbul covers all the highlights of the city. Visit the monuments from the B...
Istanbul by night means floodlit mosques, a fabulous Turkish dinner and a spectacular floorshow with...
Don't miss the chance to squeeze in a trip to the UNESCO-listed natural wonder of Pamukkale when you...