Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Jaisalmer - Holiday Tour Packages
Like sand castles that withstood the test of time, the fort of Jaisalmer live up to its name as the Golden Fort (Sonar Qila), especially when the sun shines on it. Combine that with the sand dunes in the vast arid landscape of the Thar Dessert and Jaisalmer will take you to a time and place when the modern world is nothing but a distant memory. It is one holiday destination where you can dare to forget the rest of the world and literally dig your toes in the sand. But not all sightseeing & activities in this place will be hot and sandy.
Places to visit in Jaisalmer
If you were to choose just one place to visit in Jaisalmer, you should travel to the Jaisalmer Fort, a living fortress with over 3000 residents safely ensconced within the walls. Along the narrow winding lanes are houses, temples, guesthouses, restaurants, and handicraft shops. It is a city within a fortress, with four massive gates that are accessible from different points. And in the heart of the city is Dashera Chowk, a square where plenty of action happens. Aside from the Jaisalmer Fort, you can also check out Ghadsisar, a rainwater lake, a Jain Temple, Suryagarh, and many others. Wherever you choose to go, you will find something exciting to see and do.
Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Travel off the beaten track on a less conventional mode of transportation – a camel. Not a 4-wheel drive, but a four-legged dependable animal.
- Spend a day in the Golden Fort and experience every part and aspect of the culture and lifestyle that you come across within the walls.
- Go birdwatching at the Gadsisar Lake, while observing the pilgrims at the same time.
- Explore Diwan Nath Mahal ki Haveli and its impressive structure, miniatures and parade of modern cars and fans. The epitome of mixing old with the new.
- Sign up for tours that let you get the most of the many things to do, see, and experience in Jaisalmer.
Top attractions in Jaisalmer
- Patwon ki Haveli - Considered one of the most important havelis or private mansion, Patwon ki Haveli is the first to be ever built in Jaisalmer and it consists of five other havelis, making it the biggest of all the havelis. The magnificent structure of each mansion make the entire area an architectural marvel that will leave you in awe the first time you see it and long after you have gone home. One of the havelis in Patwon ki Haveli has been turned into a government museum.
- Raj Mahal - This is where you can experience culture in a luxurious ambience. Built in the heart of Raj Mahal is a 7-storey building built by an Englishman. The design and structure is fit for royalty and taking a walk along its halls will make you feel like the Rajas of the past – held in high esteem and living in great luxury.
Jaisalmer holiday packages
Do you want to see more? Choose holiday packages to Jaisalmer or Rajasthan and get the opportunity to travel to a magical place in India.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Take a private full-day tour of Jaisalmer to get to know the incredible history of this city in more...
Experience an amazing camel safari in the Sam (Sand Dunes) Thar Desert while watching the sun set to...
Jaisalmer, also called the "Golden City," is the desert city in Rajasthan. It looks like a massive s...
On this 10-hour tour, you will visit the honey-colored Jaisalmer fort that emerges from the flat dry...
During this tour, you will be able to visit the Jaisalmer Fort, bazaars and the old mansions dating ...
Once known as the sleepy desert city, Jaisalmer has now turned up as one of the major tourist destin...
Enjoy this private half-day tour and experience the Rajasthan’s most alluring destination - Jaisalme...