Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Jodhpur - Holiday Tour Packages
Called the Gateway to Thar for its location literally on the Thar Desert’s edge, Jodhpur is the 2nd largest city in Rajasthan, India. The city replaced Mandore as the new capital of the state of Marwar, with its people generally called as Marwaris. It is also called the Blue City, as most houses that you will find here are shaded with the color, which are particularly noticeable on the city’s northern side. Another moniker the city has is the Sun City, as almost every day of the year, the sun shines very bright causing the hot climate the place has. What make this city worth a visit are its palaces, forts, temples, havelis, its tradition and culture, and its booming handicrafts industry. Considering all the things Jodhpur has to offer, it is definitely a great destination for a vacation, sightseeing and activities. When choosing your holiday packages, consider the following information:
Places to visit in Jodhpur
There are many interesting places you should include in your itinerary to Jodhpur. These include the Mehrangarh Fort, which dominates the city and has a lot of attractions, such as the Moti Mahal (Pearl Hall), Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Hall), Phool Mahal (Flower Hall), Zenana Deodi and the Chamunda Mataji Temple; the Jaswant Thada, which has marble royal cenotaphs, with picturesque views to a lake; the Umaid Bhawan Palace, which is the last great palace built in the country, with a museum that displays interesting old photographs and china works; and the Khejarla Fort, which is now actually a hotel that can offer you an enlivening experience. There are also many temples that give you more insights on the rich culture of the city. If you like exploring some natural sites, you can check out the Balsamand Lake, Kailana Lake, Ranisar Padamsar, and Gulab Sagar Lake.
Things to do in Jodhpur
- Join the Rajasthan international folk festival -This event is held at the Mehrangarh Fort annually during October which highlights music performances.
- Take the Bishnoi village tour - During your travel to Jodhpur, you should take this tour to have a real insight into the Bishnoi villages and make connections in an authentic way to people from different cultures. A vegetarian community, these villages are the protectors of the flora and fauna in the place, conceding spiritual allegiance to the 29 tenets of the 15th-century legendary Guru Jambheshwar.
Top attractions and landmarks in Jodhpur
Among the many attractions in Jodhpur, you should prioritize the following on your list:
- Mehrangarh Fort - Among the largest Indian forts, the Mehrangarh stands magnificently at 400 feet above Jodhpur. Started its construction in 1459 with Rao Jodha, the fort saw many centuries until its completion, hence its architecture style representing various periods.
- Jaswant Thada - This cenotaph was constructed in memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh, with tranquil and enchanting marble construction, as well as a multi-level garden. Inside it, you will find intricate carvings and portraits of the Rathore rulers.
- Balsamand Lake - This is artificial lake built by Balak Rao Parihar in 1159, with lush greenery consisting of various types of trees surrounding it. It is where the exquisite Balsamand Lake Palace is located, which is home to different types of birds and peacocks.
Make sure you have all the things mentioned in this article rounded up for your travel to Jodhpur. Have a great experience!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Experience an amazing camel safari in the Thar Desert while watching the sun set to complete your tr...
Visit Jodhpur, also known as the Blue City, on this private full-day tour. You'll marvel at architec...
Explore the many wonders of Jodhpur - its rich heritage and living traditions along the bustling str...
Enjoy a hassle-free private transfer from Jodhpur Airport (JDH), Jodhpur Junction Railway Stationn, ...
Enjoy a private, authentic meal in a local Johdpur home in the heart of the Old City. Experience tra...
Explore the beautiful city of Jodhpur by visiting some of the most stunning monuments on this full-d...
No trip in Rajasthan is completed without a visit to the Bishnoi Villages, such as Guda Bishnoiyan ,...
To avoid the hassle of taxis or public transportation, book this private air-conditioned airport-to-...
During this 8-hour private day trip, visit some of the most popular attractions including Nagaur For...
Take a deep dive into Indian history and culture during this 7-hour excursion, which features a Priv...