Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kerala - Holiday Tour Packages
Historically known as Keralam, Kerala is a state in South India, specifically lying on the Malabar Coast. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India, with great tropical greenery, beaches, backwaters and Ayurvedic tourism. For your Kerala vacation, here is a set of information that you can use:
Top places to visit in Kerala
With the Western Ghats towering up to 2,700 meters in the east, the Arabian Sea bordering it in the west and 44 rivers running across it, you will certainly enjoy visiting the state’s unique geographical features that make it a sought-after tourist destination in Asia. With a temperate climate, the state offers serene beaches, emerald backwaters, exotic wildlife, lush hill stations, paddy fields, sprawling plantations and waterfalls. There are also places here that offer magical festivals, enchanting art forms, cultural hotspots, historic monuments and exotic cuisine.
Top things to do in Kerala
When on a trip to this Indian state, make sure you do not miss the following activities:
- See elephants bathing - You can go to the Kodanad Elephant Sanctuary and see elephants bath, as well as take an elephant safari and feed this majestic animals.
- Riding a houseboat - In Alleppey, you can travel through tranquil backwaters as you look at the lush green landscape around, while being served freshly prepared meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. A houseboat here can accommodate an entire family.
- Watch a snake boat race - You can watch a colorful snake boat race in Alappuzha during the period between July and September, particularly on the Onam Festival. To look at the race up close, you can also rent a boat yourself.
- Take a spice tour - Take a spice tour at the gardens or plantations in Munnar, Wayanad or Thekkady, and then taste some authentic spices while exploring the farm on a nature walk.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kerala
For the best Kerala holiday, put these attractions on top of your list.
- Kerala Backwaters - One of the most tranquil and relaxing things that you can do in Kerala are in the palm-fringed Kerala canals, which are known as the backwaters. You can stay for a few nights at a resort or even spend the night out in the middle of a lake here.
- Fort Kochi - Also known as the Gateway to Kerala, this enchanting city had an eclectic influence by cultures, such as Arab, Dutch, British, Portuguese and Chinese. It appeals visitors with its architecture and historical sites.
- Varkala Beach - This beach’s setting would be striking enough for you that it would take your breath away, with views extending over the Arabian Sea and with a long winding stretch of cliffs. Varkala is considered as one of the best beaches in India.
Kerala holiday packages
There are more ways to discover the state, and all of them will be at your disposal by booking Kerala holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
Kerala is a lovely state with the lowest population growth rate in India. It is situated on south-we...
This 13-hour private day trip takes you to Munnar hills, the green Paradise of Kerala. You will see ...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
Immerse in the multi-faceted culture of Kochi with rich contributions from Hindu, Christian, Arab, D...
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
This group tour is specially designed for cruise travelers who dock at Cochin Cruise Port.The itiner...
Join this 7-hour private day tour to see the most important attractions in and around Fort Cochin an...
Day tour to Alappuzha (or Alleppey) covering the Ravi Karunakaran Museum and a tour of the United Co...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...