Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Knysna - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Knysna is a town located in the province of Western Cape in South Africa and is part of the Garden Route, specifically 72 kilometers east from the town of George and 25 kilometers west of Plettenberg Bay. Considering the many beautiful things it can offer to tourists, it would be a wonderful destination for your next vacation.
Top places to visit in Knysna
Knysna has a lot of places of interest for any kind of traveler. If you love golf, there are several world-class golf courses that you can find here, including the Simola Golf Course, Pezula Golf Course and the Knysna Golf Course.
The town is also home to the popular Mitchell’s Brewery. And of course, there are forests, rivers and estuaries here that are dotted with hiking trails and offer plenty of outdoor adventure opportunities.
Top things to do in Knysna
Do not miss the following activities for a more enjoyable trip to this beautiful town.
- Engage in outdoor activities - There are many outdoor opportunities in Knysna, which include mountaineering, abseiling, rock climbing, trekking, kloofing, canoeing and slackpacking. If you want a more relaxing outdoor experience, you can walk along the lagoon and then take a coffee at a shop at its waterfront.
- Play some golf - As previously mentioned, there are many golf courses with stunning settings or views here, so do not miss to play golf if you are fond of it. You can book a self-drive or fully organized golf tour in one of these courses.
- Get up close with the elephants - You can go to the Knysna Elephant Park for a unique opportunity to get up close and personal with African elephants. The elephants here are so used to humans, so you will be able to feed and touch them.
Top attractions and landmarks in Knysna
Make sure you have the following in your itinerary for a holiday in Knysna:
- The Lagoon - This place is home to at least 200 species of fish, and you can tour around it via one of the many boats here. The cruise will take you to the Featherbed Nature Reserve on the Heads, where you can take a walk in the reserve.
- Knysna Forest - In this 80,000-hectare conserved forest, you will find the popular King Edward VII tree, which has an estimated age of 600 years, circumference of 6 meters and height of 39 meters. The most famous animals that you will encounter here are the Knysna elephants.
- Millwood Gold Fields - This is the site of one of South Africa’s first gold rushes. Visit the Millwood Museum and the Materoli Tea Room, which offers a fantastic and unique view of the site, where the first gold was discovered in the country during the late 1800s.
Knysna holiday packages
Knysna is definitely a great destination, and all of the best things it can offer to tourists will be at your disposal by booking holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Visit the incredible Aquila Game Reserve -- the closest game reserve to Cape Town – on this full-day...
See all the top sights along South Africa’s Cape Peninsula on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Wit...
Discover the highlights of South Africa’s legendary Garden Route – including Addo Elephant National ...
Experience a thought-provoking guided tour of Cape Town and Robben Island, where the late Nelson Man...
Your Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point tour will be strictly private and flexible with time. Tour dep...
A tour designed to maximize on your time in Cape Town, this tour includes all the ‘must-sees’ when i...
Visit Africa’s breathtaking Victoria Falls on this 3-day trip from Johannesburg with flights and two...
Discover South Africa’s famous wine regions on this full-day private tour to Stellenbosch, Franschho...
The Cape Peninsula, also known as Cape Point or Cape of Good Hope is the most popular of all the Cap...
Take a walk on the wild side with an authentic South African safari day tour, conveniently located w...