Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Koh Samui - Holiday Tour Packages from India
A cosmopolitan melting pot right smack in the middle of central granite mass surrounded by palm-fringed shoreline and virgin rainforest, Koh Samui is a world-renowned travel destination often included in holiday packages to Thailand. But, as a vacation location on its own, it is one of the biggest contributors of Thai tourism. Being the third largest island in Thailand and located in the Chumphon Archipelago in the Gulf of Thailand, it offers spectacular options for sightseeing & activities.
Places to visit in Koh Samui
Koh Samui is a beach destination that attracts budget travellers and wealthy holidaymakers for a lot of reasons. Where do they usually head off to during their holiday? The beaches, of course! The island of Koh Samui offers several options, from the crowded to the secluded ones.
- Chaweng and Lamai are the most popular and commercialised beaches in the island.
- Bophut is a laid-back fishing village that also serves as a beach destination except in December when the water becomes murky.
Other beaches worth checking out are Bang Rak, Choeng Mon, Mae Nam and Nathon. Tourists also flock in Koh Samui for its uninhabited islands that form the Ang Thong National Marine Park. All these provide a kayaking and snorkelling paradise.
Things to do in Koh Samui
As a fairly big island, there is no shortage of things to do when in Koh Samui. Even swimming can become an adventure in itself, especially if you take a dip in murky seawater.
- Go diving, swimming, jet skiing, parasailing and surfing to make the most of the waters and beaches of this tropical vacation destination.
- Go sightseeing and discover some of the islands key attractions, including a butterfly garden and aquarium, and Fan Isle's massive seated Buddha image.
- Go island hopping for a day to cover most, if not all, of the 80 uninhabited islands around Koh Samui.
- Sign up for a safari at the Bophut Elephant Camp.
Top attractions in Koh Samui
A day or two would not be enough to see all of course Koh Samui’s attractions. You would have to spend a week-long holiday to see all of them.
- Hin Ta (Grandpa) and Hin Yai (Grandma) Rocks are two fascinating rock formations on Koh Samui that have become a source of amusement for tourists and locals alike, probably because resemble delicate parts of a human anatomy. There's an interesting legend behind them too. Just ask a local to find out
- Wat Khunaram Koh Samui is the most famous temple in the island because of the mummified monk put on display. The body belongs to a very revered former abbot and is encased in a glass casket.
- Namtok Hin Lat is a waterfall that is easily accessible by car. Some of its large basins provide a pool for swimmers.
- Ban Lipa Yai is every health-buffs dream destination. This village grows a wide variety of high quality fruits, such as mangosteen, rambutan and langsat.
Other top attractions you should see during your vacation are Namtok Na Mueang waterfall, Wat Phra Yai, Secret Buddha Garden and Old House.
Koh Samui holiday packages from India
With plenty of sightseeing & activities, choosing the right Koh Samui holiday packages to Koh Samui can be quite challenging. Check out all Koh Samui holiday packages now.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
The Sunset Boutique Cruise is designed for guests who prefer to avoid the crowds, enjoy safe and tra...
Join this half-day cooking class in Koh Samui with the professional chefs Phom, Jing and Stephanie. ...
Spend the day on the emerald waters of the Gulf of Thailand on this full-day tour to Angthong Marine...
When you first fly into Koh Samui you will have seen the clusters of islands, one of these areas is ...
Come aboard the convenient tour boat with 3 decks and plenty of space, and discover the beauty of th...
These ATV tours on Koh Samui offer an exciting outdoor activity, full of challenging off-road tracks...
Welcome aboard the Independence for a unique sailing experience. Go on a sailing journey with a casu...
Full Day Trip to Ang Thong Islands by Speedboat including lunch at a Sea Gypsy Village. Enjoy swimmi...
Join this day trip to Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan from Koh Samui by speedboat. Enjoy a day away from h...
From the vibrant tourist areas of the north and east coast, to the undeveloped, picturesque southern...