Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kumarakom - Holiday Tour Packages
Kumarakom is a popular tourism destination in the state of Kerala in India, specifically situated near the city of Kottayam. Set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake, the village is famous for its backwater tourism. For a great time in Kumarakom during your Kerala vacation, take note of these tips.
Top places to visit in Kumarakom
Basically, this village comprises a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake and is part of the Kuttanad region. One of the most famous attractions here is the bird sanctuary, which is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and a paradise of those who love birds. There is also an enchanting backwater destination that offers visitors many other leisure options, such as boating and fishing. There are independent cottages built on stilts here that are set amidst coconut groves, providing panoramic views of the backwaters.
Top things to do in Kumarakom
While there are many activities in this destination, make sure you do not miss the following:
- Picnicking at the Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls - Regarded as an ideal picnic spot, the surrounding areas in the Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls will allow you to enjoy a relaxed and peaceful time with your family or friends, as you watch the waters of the falls cascading down the cliff.
- Hoping to the Pathiramanal Island - An island on the famous Vembanad Lake, Pathiramanal is home to many rare varieties of migratory birds that come from different parts of the world.
- Bird-Watching at the Bird Sanctuary - This is one of the most popular bird sanctuaries in the region, which hosts various migratory birds from Siberia and other parts of the world, which means that you will see species, such as darters, egrets, herons, waterfowls, teals, wild ducks and cuckoos. This sanctuary has been declared by the Ramsar Convention as one of the most important wetlands in the country.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kumarakom
These attractions should top your list for a Kumarakom holiday:
- Kumarakom Backwaters - The Backwaters in this place will be a highlight of your trip, with the houseboats being the major attraction and a relaxed and beautiful way to explore the place.
- Vembanad Lake - Otherwise known as Vembanad Kayal, this lake invites migratory birds from all over the world. To explore this lake, you could hire a houseboat to experience the serene atmosphere that is heavenly. The place is full of marine creatures, with over a hundred fish species in the waters.
- Kumarakom Beach - With sandy shores and serene coastal lines, this place is a perfect spot for a leisure walk, where you could observe and unwind with the beauty of nature that brings calm to your mind or you can engage in various sports activities available to enjoy the stay. You can go swimming, surfing, boating and parasailing. You can even go on a houseboat cruise to explore the area and enjoy its enthralling beauty.
Kumarakom holiday packages
To be able to explore Kumarakom at your heart’s content, book Kerala holiday packages here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
Discover the paddy fields, coconut palms, lagoons, rivers, and canals of Alleppey on this day tour. ...
Kerala is referred to as God’s own country. It is indeed a beautiful mixture of its colonial past an...
Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, on a 7-hour tour from Fort Kochi and dis...
Experience a full-day celebrity constellation cruise, docking in Kochi where you spend your time cru...
On this seven day journey across South India take a tour of Trivandrum, stay at the Poovar Island, v...
Sandwiched between the Arabian Sea in the west and the mighty Western Ghats on the East, the State o...
Book this overnight private tour for your loved one and enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner on house...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...
Join us to explore the 80-feet Athirappilly Falls near the Valparai hill station and Vazhachal Falls...