Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kumarakom - Holiday Tour Packages
Kumarakom is a popular tourism destination in the state of Kerala in India, specifically situated near the city of Kottayam. Set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake, the village is famous for its backwater tourism. For a great time in Kumarakom during your Kerala vacation, take note of these tips.
Top places to visit in Kumarakom
Basically, this village comprises a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake and is part of the Kuttanad region. One of the most famous attractions here is the bird sanctuary, which is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and a paradise of those who love birds. There is also an enchanting backwater destination that offers visitors many other leisure options, such as boating and fishing. There are independent cottages built on stilts here that are set amidst coconut groves, providing panoramic views of the backwaters.
Top things to do in Kumarakom
While there are many activities in this destination, make sure you do not miss the following:
- Picnicking at the Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls - Regarded as an ideal picnic spot, the surrounding areas in the Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls will allow you to enjoy a relaxed and peaceful time with your family or friends, as you watch the waters of the falls cascading down the cliff.
- Hoping to the Pathiramanal Island - An island on the famous Vembanad Lake, Pathiramanal is home to many rare varieties of migratory birds that come from different parts of the world.
- Bird-Watching at the Bird Sanctuary - This is one of the most popular bird sanctuaries in the region, which hosts various migratory birds from Siberia and other parts of the world, which means that you will see species, such as darters, egrets, herons, waterfowls, teals, wild ducks and cuckoos. This sanctuary has been declared by the Ramsar Convention as one of the most important wetlands in the country.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kumarakom
These attractions should top your list for a Kumarakom holiday:
- Kumarakom Backwaters - The Backwaters in this place will be a highlight of your trip, with the houseboats being the major attraction and a relaxed and beautiful way to explore the place.
- Vembanad Lake - Otherwise known as Vembanad Kayal, this lake invites migratory birds from all over the world. To explore this lake, you could hire a houseboat to experience the serene atmosphere that is heavenly. The place is full of marine creatures, with over a hundred fish species in the waters.
- Kumarakom Beach - With sandy shores and serene coastal lines, this place is a perfect spot for a leisure walk, where you could observe and unwind with the beauty of nature that brings calm to your mind or you can engage in various sports activities available to enjoy the stay. You can go swimming, surfing, boating and parasailing. You can even go on a houseboat cruise to explore the area and enjoy its enthralling beauty.
Kumarakom holiday packages
To be able to explore Kumarakom at your heart’s content, book Kerala holiday packages here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
This group tour is specially designed for cruise travelers who dock at Cochin Cruise Port. Choose th...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
A visit to Kochi would be incomplete without experiencing the mesmerizing art form of Kerala region ...
This 13-hour private day trip takes you to Munnar hills, the green Paradise of Kerala. You will see ...
Join us to explore the 80-feet Athirappilly Falls near the Valparai hill station and Vazhachal Falls...
Enjoy this private day tour of Kochi with your guide and learn about its culture, heritage and relig...
Experience a full-day celebrity constellation cruise, docking in Kochi where you spend your time cru...
This 8-hour city tour of Kochi (Cochin) introduces you to some of its most popular attractions. Once...