Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kyoto - Holiday Tour Packages
Because of its historic significance and value, Kyoto was one of the cities that was spared from air raids and atomic bombs during World War II. So you can just imagine what you're about to see during your vacation to the city. Of course, imagining is never enough. You must travel to Kyoto to see countless shrines, temples, historical structures and priceless attractions that spared the city from major destruction.
Top places to visit in Kyoto
Your first impression of Kyoto is sure to last, but it will change as you move from one place to another. As you'll discover during your vacation, its urban sprawl is surrounded by temples, parks and other historical and natural landmarks. This makes sightseeing & activities a mix of everything you would want to experience during your holiday.
Central Kyoto is home to the Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Honganji Temples, among others.
Eastern Kyoto have the most concentration of temples, along with the Maruyama Park and the Philosopher's Path, renowned for the hundreds of cherry trees that line along the path.
Northern Kyoto has shrines and temples that are centuries old, along with several World Heritage Sites. But its main attraction is Kinkaku-ji, a beautiful gilded pavilion.
The rest of Kyoto is simply magnificent. But you can make the most of your vacation by taking side trips, such as to Osaka or Mount Koya.
Top things to do in Kyoto
With all the temples in Kyoto, you would think a temple crawl would be the only activity you can do in the city, but this is definitely not the case.
- Spend time in a public bath, which is a cornerstone of Kyoto's society. Enjoy the experience as if you're sharing a bath with noblemen, warriors and even royalties.
- Join Zen meditation sessions and treat yourself to a relaxing and liberating experience. In a city where everyone finds great value in meditation, you will need to make a reservation to join in meditation sessions.
- Watch cherry blossoms come to life and transform Kyoto into a magical wonderland. Travel during the cherry blossom season and follow its trail starting from Eastern Kyoto to northern Kyoto.
- Join in the festivities of some of Kyoto's colorful festivals and events. These include Setsubun, where a Shinto ceremony and large bonfire are held; and Jidai Matsuri where everyone wears traditional clothes during a parade.
Stay a little while longer and you will discover other things to do in Kyoto
Top attractions in Kyoto
- Kiyomizudera Temple - Among the many temples in Kyoto, this is Japan's most celebrated and is renowned for its wooden stage that extends out of the hill where the temple is built.
- Higashiyama district - Do you want to experience what it feels like to be walking along the streets of old Kyoto? Well, the opportunity is skin the Higashiyama District, particularly along the narrow lanes, traditional merchant shops, and wooden buildings that line between Yasaka Shrine and Kiyomizudera.
- Gion - Of course you'd love to see the most famous Geisha district in Kyoto during your holiday. After all, the Geishas can be considered one of Japan's distinguishing features. In Gion, you will find tea houses where geisha (geiko) and geisha apprentices (maiko) entertain.
Kyoto Holiday Packages
With these many things to do and explore in Kyoto, you should start looking for Kyoto holiday packages and visit this historical and magnificent city.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Discover tranquil temples, Imperial palaces and ancient shrines on this 9-hour full-day Kyoto sights...
Explore the cultural treasures of Kyoto and Nara on this full-day tour from Kyoto. In the morning, v...
Savor the beauty and charm of Kyoto on this cultural walking tour. An ancient yet elegant city, Kyot...
Visit Hiroshima’s most important historic sites on this 12-hour tour from Kyoto. After taking the bu...
Witness the beauty and elegance of the lovely ‘maiko’ (apprentice geishas, or ‘geiko’) at Gion Hatan...
Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony and learn the sophisticated philosophy behind serving a bowl of tea...
Grab your bike and get set to explore Kyoto from the ground up. On this small-group bike tour, you’l...
Venture to Nara from Kyoto for the afternoon. Due to its past as the first permanent capital of Japa...
In order to closely feel the local atmosphere of Kyoto, this tour will use public transportation so ...
Step into an authentic Japanese rickshaw for the ride of a lifetime, through some of the most scenic...