Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
London - Holiday Tour Packages from India
London is a multi-cultural and bustling megalopolis and a world city, and the capital of England and the UK. Also, it is the largest city in the UK, Western Europe and the European Union. As such, it is an international center for politics, trade, finance, fashion, music and culture. History and culture-wise, London should be a perfect destination for a vacation. Now, to make you travel more fun and memorable in this place, you should consider the following information in choosing holiday packages or in making your own itinerary.
Places to visit in London
London is rich with attractions that interest travelers from around the world. If you are into exploring culture and tradition, you can visit its museums and galleries, such as the British Museum, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, Victoria and Albert Museum, Natural History Museum, Tate Modern and Tate Britain. For leisure, sightseeing and activities, you can go to some of its popular landmarks, such as the Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, the Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey and the Shard. There are also parks that are great for outdoor adventures, including the Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Regent's Park, St James's Park, Hampstead Heath, Richmond Park, Holland Park and Bushy Park.
Things to do in London
- Walk - You can walk through the city’s Royal Parks, where a good start would be at the Paddington station proceeding through the Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Green Park and St James Park before you cross the Trafalgar Square and the River Thames to the South Bank and Waterloo Station.
- Watch Live Music Performances - London is, probably, the best place on Earth to watch concerts, with performing groups including the new to the already well-known bands. You can enjoy popular classical concerts at the Trafalgar Square.
- Watch Theater - The city is home to the best theater performances, including musicals, particularly those in the areas around the Leicester Square, Shaftesbury Avenue, Covent Garden and Haymarket in the West End.
- Skate - There are many outdoor ice rinks in London that are open in the winter and summer months.
- Eat - Like your travel in any other destination, you should try food that is unique to the place, and for London, do not forget to try the fish and chips, black pudding, Cornish pasty and the special sausages.
Top attractions and landmarks in London
While there are many places to see in London, there are some that you should not scratch out from your list. These are:
- Buckingham Palace - This is the official residence of the Queen in London, which is open to tourists during the summer months only. However, this building is definitely a must-see even if you do not go inside.
- The London Eye - Located on River Thames’ South Bank, the London Eye is the 3rd largest observation wheel in the world, with fantastic views over the capital.
- Marble Arch - This is a white Carrara marble monument that was designed by John Nash, a British architect who is responsible for much of Regency London’s layout. Before, it used to stand across the Buckingham Palace, but is now moved to the center of one of the busiest intersections in central London, where Park Lane in Mayfair meets Oxford St.
- Piccadilly Circus - Here, you will find the statue of Eros standing proudly in the middle, while a huge and iconic neon sign dominates its north-eastern side.
- St Paul's Cathedral - This is one of the greatest accomplishments of Sir Christopher Wren that was built after the 1666 Great Fire of London. One interesting feature of the cathedral is the Whispering Gallery.
London holiday packages
Now, are you excited to visit this beautiful world city? Check with La Vacanza Travel for the best London holiday packages for your needs. Enjoy your vacation and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Delve into the magical world of Harry Potter™ at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, with round-tri...
Discover Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath on this day trip from London. Leave the city behind you...
Explore the beautiful scenery of the English countryside on this full-day tour of Windsor Castle, St...
Step into the mystical world of Harry Potter™ with a behind-the-scenes visit to Warner Bros. Studio ...
Enjoy an unforgettable day in the French capital on this luxury day trip from London to Paris, with ...
See London on a full-day sightseeing tour of the city, led by a guide. Hear the history of top Londo...
Visit Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and medieval Warwick Castle on this action-packed, full-day trip f...
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Harry Potter™ film series with the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Lond...
Go behind the scenes of the Harry Potter movies at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making ...
Escape the hustle-bustle of London for a day and travel to the English countryside for a tour of Lee...