Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Mount Abu - Holiday Tour Packages
The only hill station in Rajasthan, India, Mount Abu is located close to the border of Rajasthan and Gujarat in the Aravali hills. It forms a distinctive rocky plateau that is 22 kilometers long and 9 kilometers wide. The mountain’s highest peak is the Guru Shikhar at 1,722 meters above sea level, which is referred to as an oasis in the desert because it is home to lakes, rivers, waterfalls and a lush forest. Monsoon season is the best time to visit the mountain.
Considering the great things that Mount Abu offers to tourists, it is certainly worth a visit. With the right holiday packages, you can experience a memorable vacation, sightseeing and activities here.
Places to visit in Mount Abu
For your Mount Abu travel, you can visit a lot of places of interest, including the Dilwara Jain Temples, which are carved of white marble; the Nakki Lake, which is beautiful in itself surrounded by hills on all sides; the Achalgarh, which is a fort constructed by Rana Kumbha of Mewar in the 14th century; the Trevor’s Tank, which is a nature lover’s paradise.
Other places that you should give a visit in Mount Abu are Toadrock, Honeymoon Point, Sunset Point, Guru Shikhar, Shri Raghunathji Temple, Adhar Devi Temple, Shanker Math, Gaumukh, Gyan Sarovar, Maa Ambika Temple and Peace Park.
Things to do in Mount Abu
- Explore nature - You can enjoy the beauty of nature with spiritual university in Mount Abu, as the mountain is part of a wildlife sanctuary that is home to a vast number of flora and fauna. In fact, it is regarded as a paradise for ornithologists or bird watchers. If you love nature, then you can really enjoy the greenery and forest here.
- Take some hikes - One of the most popular activities in this mountain these days is hiking, which is an activity a lot of tourists look forward to. Aside from this, the place also offers great opportunities for camping, caving, rock climbing and rappelling. You can engage in these activities with operators you will find in the area.
- Do some shopping - Though there is nothing specific to buy in Mount Abu, you can always find some great items and gifts that you can bring home after your vacation.
Top attractions and landmarks in Mount Abu
Among the many places you can visit in Mount Abu, the following are the best that you should not dare missing out:
- Dilwara Jain Temples - Just 2.5 kilometers away from Mount Abu, these temples were constructed between the 11th and 13th centuries. The most interesting features of these temples are the brilliant use of marble in their architecture. Also, the flawless stone-laying technique and the ornamental carvings in these structures make them among the world’s greatest pilgrimage spots.
- Wildlife Sanctuary - Covering approximately 288 square kilometers, the forest and wildlife sanctuary in Mount Abu is abundant with various species of flora and fauna. Also, there are traces of past habitations of lions and tigers, but now, the leopard is the only prime feline predator found in the area.
- Nakki Lake - This is considered an ancient and sacred lake, and is a great place for picnic. This lake also offers various trek spots that will satisfy your hunger for some adventure.
Mount Abu holiday packages
Now, when planning your Mount Abu travel or choosing holiday packages to such a beautiful place, make sure you include the things mentioned in this article. Stay safe and enjoy your trip!