Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Negombo - Holiday Tour Packages
Negombo is a major city (the fourth largest) in Sri Lanka, which is specifically located at the mouth of the Negombo Lagoon on the west coast of the island country. It is a prime destination with luxury and tropical lifestyle for those who want quick access to great attractions and activities. Given all the things the city has to offer to tourists, it is truly a good choice of destination for your next Sri Lanka vacation.
Top places to visit in Negombo
There are many places of interest in the city, such as Sri Lanka’s second-largest fish market, locally known as Lellama, situated at the north end of the lagoon. Here, daily fish auctions happen, giving you a chance to meet the local fishermen to buy fish or even organize fishing trips with them. Another place worth visiting is the Muthurajawela Marshland, which is part of a nature reserve covering 6,000 hectares of land. As Negombo is known for having the best shorelines on the west coast of the country, you should also not miss going to its quiet stretches of beaches that are maintained by the tourist hotels and offer water sports and activities, such as diving.
Top things to do in Negombo
To experience a more memorable trip, make sure you do the following activities.
- Trekking - This activity will take you to luscious green hills offering some of the country’s most breath-taking scenery, local villages where you can sample the local cuisine, plantations and beaches. Along the way, you will see beautiful ruins, tea plantations and spice gardens, as well as chill out on a serene beach.
- Enjoying the Beaches - A holiday in Negombo would not be complete without a day at one of its beaches that stretch north from the town along the hotel strip to palm-filled shores at a distance. The waters here are not bad for swimming. Particularly, you can join the locals at the Negombo Beach Park.
- Diving - The waters around the city provide much better diving opportunities than you can imagine, and with the right tour operator, you will be able to dive at over 40 different dive sites.
Top attractions and landmarks in Negombo
Make sure you have the following attractions in your itinerary to have the best holiday in this beautiful city.
- Main Fish Market - Here, you will see fishermen take out their outrigger canoes or “oruvas” and go fishing, an activity Negombo is known for. It is great to see these fishermen sweeping home into the lagoon after their trip. The catch is not just from the open sea, as the market also offers lobsters, crabs and prawns from the north end of the lagoon.
- Dutch Fort - Close to the seafront, you will find the ruins of this fort that dates back to 1678, as inscribed on its gateway. There is also a green field here, called the Esplanade, where cricket matches are held.
- Muthurajawela Marsh - This is a unique wetland habitat that is home to a wide array of species of flora and fauna, including migratory birds that are indigenous to the country. Here, you can go bird watching and view rare species of animals and fish.
Negombo holiday packages
Book Sri Lanka holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel to get the most of your trip to Negombo!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore the classic attractions of Sri Lanka on an 8-day tour that covers all six UNESCO World Herit...
Explore some popular and exotic cities on this 4-night tour in Sri Lanka with your own private drive...
This tour will give you a memorable experience with different sightseeing activities in the cultural...
Camping in Yala National Park is one of the best ways to experience the diverse array of wildlife. T...
Spend seven nights in Sri Lanka experiencing its beautiful cities, historical and wildlife attractio...
Sigiriya and Dambulla have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage and once Sigiriya was nominated a...
Sri Lanka has been ranked amongst the world’s twenty five biodiversity hot spot where we offer uniqu...
Join us for the 3-day tour to explore the heritage sites of Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Dambulla. Visi...
This itinerary is perfect for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. We pick you up at Bandaranaike Inter...
Explore Colombo City with your private chauffeur in an air-conditioned luxury car. During this 4-hou...