Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Oudtshoorn - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Known as the “Ostrich Capital of the World”, Oudtshoorn is a town located in the province of Western Cape in South Africa. The place owes its establishment from the two ostrich-feather booms during 1865-1870 and 1900-1914, and it is now the largest town in the Little Karoo region. As you can see, the town is home to the largest ostrich population in the world, with numerous specialized ostrich breeding farms. As such, its economy is primarily relying on the ostrich farming, as well as tourism. With this said, it would be a great place to spend your next vacation.
Top places to visit in Oudtshoorn
There are many places of interest in Oudtshoorn including, memorials, monuments, churches and museums, such as the CP Nel Museum and Gottland House. The oldest church here is the original Dutch Reformed Church that is located on the corner of High Street and Church. It is also nice to stay in this town for the Klein Karoo Nasionale Kunstefees or the Little Karoo National Arts Festival, which is the largest Afrikaans language arts festival in South Africa and is celebrated every year.
Top things to do in Oudtshoorn
To make you holiday more fun and memorable, make sure you do the following activities
- Visit its ranches and ostrich farms - Explore the Cango Wildlife Ranch to see some wild cats and reptiles that are bred for conservation and possibly enter their enclosures to interact with these animals. You should also visit the Highgate Ostrich Farm, which is the biggest farm in the area, offering ostrich rides for tourists.
- Go for some rock climbing - Oudtshoorn offers some of the best limestome rock climbing opportunities in the world. You can experience this activity near a campsite that is about 12 kilometers outside of town towards the Cango Caves.
- Try the local delicacies - Given that this is the ostrich capital in the world, make sure you taste everything that you can get out of this bird. You can find such food at ostrich farms that has restaurants or braai facilities.
Top attractions and landmarks in Oudtshoorn
Here are the top attractions for your holiday in this beautiful town:
- Cango Caves - These caves are located in Precambrian lime stones, specifically at the foothills of the Swartberg range. The main cave here is one of the finest and best known tourist caves in South Africa, attracting local and foreign visitors alike.
- Cango Ostrich Farm - This ostrich show farm is situated in the lush Cango Valley in Schoemanshoek, which is just easy to find. Here, you can take an exciting guided tour that allows you to touch, feel and even ride these magnificent birds. There is also a wine house and restaurant here, where you can enjoy some gastronomic delights before and after your tour.
- Cango Wildlife Ranch - This wildlife ranch was established in 1977 as a crocodile show farm. It is a good destination whether you are travelling alone or with a group.
Oudtshoorn holiday packages
There are plenty more to discover in Oudtshoorn, and all of them will be at your disposal by booking Oudtshoorn holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Visit the incredible Aquila Game Reserve -- the closest game reserve to Cape Town – on this full-day...
See all the top sights along South Africa’s Cape Peninsula on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Wit...
Discover the highlights of South Africa’s legendary Garden Route – including Addo Elephant National ...
You may think you’re a fear-defying thrill lover, but can you handle the ultimate heart-pounding exp...
Experience a thought-provoking guided tour of Cape Town and Robben Island, where the late Nelson Man...
A tour designed to maximize on your time in Cape Town, this tour includes all the ‘must-sees&r...
There is no doubt that Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and there is no b...
Experience the road trip of a lifetime along South Africa's stunning Garden Route. Visit incredible ...
Discover South Africa’s famous wine regions on this full-day private tour to Stellenbosch, Franschho...
Take a walk on the wild side with an authentic South African safari day tour, conveniently located w...