India is known for having one of the most ancient and exotic cultures in history. More than just a country, it is a subcontinent where you will find a plethora of cultural, religious and language variations, which give it a lot of sightseeing tours destinations and activities for everyone. It has long been a place where products are coveted by people from all around the world.
Sightseeing destinations in India
Stretching from the high mountains of the Himalayas and the sacred Ganges River to the tropical greenery of Kerala and the sands of the Thar Desert, the world’s 7th-largest country can offer you a lot of places to explore and enjoy. Its huge size and variety of cultures, landscapes, monuments and places of interest that are almost endless provides great opportunities for sightseeing. Here, you will find exotic cities, fascinating religious structures, ancient ruins and diverse landscapes that never cease to fascinate and awe tourists.
Top tour activities in India
Among the many things to do in this beautiful country, here are those that should top your list:
- Delving into Delhi - Ruled by a string of empires throughout history, India’s capital is full of smells, sounds and sensations. Its heart is Old Delhi, where you will find numerous mosques, forts and maze-like bazaars. To the south of New Delhi, wide avenues lay it out, which are mostly the works of the colonial architect, Lutyens.
- Enjoying the Waters of the Andaman Islands - For a real experience in a tropical paradise in India, your only choice would be splashing down in the Andaman Islands. Located off the east coast of the country, this group of islands is densely forested and surrounded by white-sand shores and coral reefs that are teeming with beautiful marine life. It is home to the Adivasi tribe who still manages to retain their ancient way of life despite modernization.
- Taking a Desert Safari - Mughal India was regarded as the crowning glory of the Islamic world, and though other places seemed to have stolen such a reputation, the ancient cities situated north of the country still shout of the Arabian Nights romance. To get a full experience of getting out into its sprawling deserts, take a camel ride from Jaisalmer and set up camp beneath an unbelievably clear night sky.
Top tour attractions in India
There is a lot to see in India, and here are some of the most beautiful attractions that the country is known for:
- Taj Mahal - This is an immense mausoleum of white marble situated in Agra that dates back to 1632 and constructed by order of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It is regarded as one of the greatest masterpieces of Mughal architecture that includes several other beautiful buildings, extensive ornamental gardens and reflecting pools.
- Lake Palace - Located in Lake Pichola in Udaipur, this palace was originally constructed as a royal summer palace, but is now converted into a luxury 5-star hotel that operates under the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. It became famous in 1983 after being featured in the James Bond film “Octopussy”.
- Kerala Backwaters - This is a chain of lakes and lagoons that lie parallel to the coast of the Arabian Sea in Kerala. It is home to numerous unique species of aquatic life, which includes water birds, mudskippers, crabs and frogs, as well as animals, such as turtles and otters.
India sightseeing tours and activities
To be able to see all these things with your own eyes, check out all India sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.