The Land Down Under is included in many travelers bucket list, and rightfully so. It is the smallest continent and biggest island in the world and it is rich in natural wonders and interesting wildlife. Australia is also home to some of the most sophisticated and culturally rich cities, with laid-back and friendly residents.
Sightseeing destinations in Australia
With offerings for any kind of tourist, Australia will spoil you with choice when it comes to things to do and see. The cities are thriving with arts and culture hubs, hosting lofty galleries, open air music festivals, and indie theater productions. Wine lovers can indulge in world-famous Australian wines while touring the local vineyards. Foodies can enjoy Mod Oz (Modern Australia) cuisine, a fusion of ingredients from the Pacific cooked using European techniques in one of the hip restaurants in Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, or Sydney. The guided outback tours led by Aborigines or rangers at one of the World Heritage sites bring travelers up close to some of the most breathtaking natural wonders on Earth. The abundance of beaches, surf locations, and diving spots provide more water activities than you can handle in one trip. There is just so much you will want to discover in the Land Down Under.
Top tour activities in Australia
With an abundance of natural wonders and modern cities, you will not run out of things to do in Australia.
- Drive along the Great Ocean Road - The road stretches along the Australian southeast coast for 300 kilometers. The trip will lead you to waterfalls, hiking trails, rainforests, Otway National Park, the holiday resort town of Lorne, and famous rock formations such as the Arch, Twelve Apostles, and London Bridge.
- Visit one of the National Parks - Whether it's by foot, bike, horseback, or on a camel, exploring one of the National Parks is an unforgettable adventure. You'll meet the quirky wildlife creatures, gaze upon breathtaking creations of nature, and enjoy campfire meals and stories under starlit skies with interesting and friendly guides who will introduce you to the heart of the Outback.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge - This is one of the best ways to get a 360-degree panoramic view of one of the world's most famous harbors. You get to wear a special Bridgesuit, communication gear, and a harness as you ascend the bridge's arch. The feeling of standing 440 feet above sea level, gazing at the dazzling lights of the city, makes for one breathtaking adventure.
Top tour attractions in Australia
When you talk about Australia, these are some of the attractions that will surely be included in the must-see list.
- Great Barrier Reef - As the largest coral reef in the world, it is one of the most breathtaking places. It is home to more than 3,000 individual reef systems and coral cays, multitudes of marine species, and hundreds of picture-perfect beaches. Explore the reef through snorkeling, scuba diving, helicopter or aircraft tours, glass bottomed boats, or cruise ships.
- Bondi Beach - Popular among beach lovers all over the world, Bondi beach is the spot to soak some up some sun and sea. There are cafes, restaurants, and shops lined up across the coastal strip, and tourists flock to this sunny spot to swim, surf, and just chill.
- Sydney Opera House - This is the most recognized landmark in Australia and is a World Heritage building shaped like billowing sails. The best way to experience it is to take a guided tour, attend a performance, or dine in one of the restaurants.
Australia sightseeing tours and activities
These are just a few of all the travel options you can enjoy in the Land Down Under. With so many wonderful experiences waiting for you, check out which Australia sightseeing tours and activities you should try first here at La Vacanza Travel.