When you are going on a holiday, you really want to make the most of your experience (especially if you are short on time), so you would go home feeling like you have really got a feel for the destination and have not missed anything. While planning a great trip can be quite a challenge, it can be made easy with the right information at hand. Here are some worthy tips you can pick up for a vacation in Barcelona:
Sightseeing destinations in Barcelona
There are many places to explore in this beautiful city and many ways to do just that. You can take the tourist bus and spend a day away from the city, but make sure to take some stops to stroll around and enjoy some of Barcelona’s greatest gastronomic delights. On your trip, you can see very impressive parks and buildings, including the Parc de la Ciutadella, Parc de Joan Miró and the Montjuïc castle. You will also have the option to get off the beaten path and go to Horta, where you will experience the charm of the lovely districts that offers access to places with breathtaking panoramic views.
Top tour activities in Barcelona
There is a lot of things to do when you are in Barcelona, but the best would be the activities that will let you get a feel of the city’s culture.
- Follow the footsteps of Picasso - Pablo Picasso spent his early years in the beautiful and vibrant Barcelona. Now, you can trace the footsteps of this artistic genius by visiting the landmarks that shaped his youth, which include the C/Reina Cristina and the C/Mercè, where his family once lived.
- Explore the works of Gaudí - Undoubtedly, one of the best activities you can do in this city is admiring its modernista architecture, particularly the works of Antoni Gaudí. One place that you should not miss would be the famous Sagrada Família, which is truly impressive inside and out.
- Try out the world-famous tapas - Do not miss the Basque tapas, which are a culinary trend the city is famous for. These are plates of bite-sized goodies served atop a piece of bread that are traditionally picked with toothpicks, of which number would be the basis on how much you will be charged at the end of your meal.
Top tour attractions in Barcelona
There are many attractions in the city, but there are those highly re commended by the locals and tour guides.
- La Sagrada Familia - This fabulous unfinished church was designed by Gaudi. With a unique construction, this is deemed as the most famous and most visited attraction in Barcelona.
- The Magic Fountain - This is a must-see for your holiday in this city, as it is a type of fountain that you may have never seen in your life. It would truly feel like magic when you experience its beautiful show of water, light and music.
- Picasso Museum Barcelona - The world-famous painter spent his formative years as an artist in this city, and you can see come of his finest works in this museum.
Barcelona sightseeing tours and activities
Make sure that you make the most out of your holiday, by experiencing all the things mentioned above. Check out all Barcelona sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel when planning your itinerary.