Fun and relaxation are the staple offerings of this metropolitan region called the Gold Coast. World-class golf courses, exciting theme parks, and tourist-popular beaches are just some of the many sights and delights that this travel destination has in store.
Sightseeing destinations on the Gold Coast
The year-round sunny weather and welcoming locals are enough to put a smile on your face when you visit the Gold Coast. But tourists will be treated to even more good things as they go around the region. There are outdoor destinations that provide venues for getting an adrenaline high or just communing with nature. There are entertainment establishments ideal for families or adventurous adults. And of course, there are famous dining and wining hubs to visit in each tourist spot on the coast, perfect for indulging in the local cuisine and seeing some of the most popular attractions.
Top tour activities on the Gold Coast
'Fun under the sun' is the motto of this region, and indeed, tourists will have plenty of things to do to experience the beauty, excitement, and enjoyment of the Gold Coast.
- Get kissed by the sun on the beaches - With 57 kilometers of coastline, you can spend days getting all the seaside fun you want. Surfing is one of the top activities and you can get lessons from friendly professionals. If you prefer to discover the coastline at a more leisurely pace, there are many beaches that have walking tracks, and the abundance of cafes and restaurants are perfect spots to take a break and enjoy the view.
- Have a thrill in one of the theme parks - Have a great time with your family or friends when you visit one of the famous theme parks on the coast. There is Dreamworld, popular for high-quality thrill rides. Movie World is the place to go to meet your favorite cartoon and film characters. Wet 'n' Wild and Sea World are for those who want to experience a big splash, literally, on aquatic rides.
- Practice your swing on the green - If you're looking for some downtime, then hit up one of the top golf courses on the Gold Coast. You can go to the Palmer Gold Coast, a 65-hectare resort course of native woodlands. If you want to play like a pro, head on to the RACV Royal Pines Resort, host of the Australian PGA Championships.
Top tour attractions on the Gold Coast
The variety of attractions available on the coast has definitely contributed to attracting 10.5 million visitors each year.
- Surfers Paradise - As the Gold Coast's entertainment and tourism center, this destination is popular not only because of the surf. It also has an energetic night-life, a busy shopping district, and luxurious hotels and apartments. Tourists also enjoy having their picture taken with the famous Meter Maids.
- Skypoint Observation Deck - Located in the Q1 building on Cavil Avenue, Surfers Paradise, the observation deck treats you to 360-degree views of the coast. A great time to visit is at the end of the afternoon so you can enjoy watching the landscape in daylight, then slowly transforming into a breathtaking scene of lights as night sets in.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - This is the perfect place to meet some of the most exotic and native Australian wildlife. There are interactive displays located in open and wide enclosures in rainforest settings that are full of lush eucalyptus.
Gold Coast sightseeing tours & activities
Travelers will surely have fun under the sun when experiencing Gold Coast sightseeing tours and activities. Don't miss out on the enjoyment, check out what holiday packages you can book here at La Vacanza Travel.