Italy is one of Europe’s best-known destinations for travelers, as it is rich in history, art, architecture and many things holidaymakers would wish for. In this country, you will have a unique opportunity to get your fill of Renaissance art, visit Roman ruins, mesmerized by beautiful churches, stay in medieval towns, discover the canals of Venice and go skiing in the Alps.
Sightseeing destinations in Italy
A trip to Italy will not be complete without a stop in Rome. Not only that the city is rich in the country’s history, but it is an ancient place where you will be able to trace the old world, getting a feel of how the Roman emperors lived. It is also here where you can see the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. Another place to go for sightseeing is Venice. As you can see, it is best viewed from the sea, and you have to traverse it on a gondola. You should also go to Milan, which is the largest city in Italy where you will find “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci, and Florence, which is famous for the role it played in starting the Renaissance period.
Top tour activities in Italy
Tours to Italy have many inclusions that can make your visit more fun and memorable. Here are things to do on your vacation:
- Visit the most famous historical sites - Home to a huge number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and some of the most famous artists of the past, Italy will offer you a bottomless well of historical attractions. Make sure you visit as many of them as possible during your trip.
- Take the water bus - Taking the water bus or vaporetto along the Canal Grande in Venice will be like voyaging back through the past. This popular waterway winds more than 3.5 kilometers through all 6 districts of the historic city, revealing architectural gems along its banks.
- Enjoy the beaches - Italy is also famous for its beaches, especially those located in Sorrento. The nearest sandy beaches to the town’s center are the Marina Piccola, which you can reach by a lift or steps, and the Marina Grande, which you can reach in about 15 minutes of walk. However, the most attractive beach that you will find here is Punto del Capo.
Top tour attractions in Italy
You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to attractions in Italy, but for your itinerary, prioritize the following on your list:
- Vatican City - There is so much to see in here, so it would be best if you are not pressed for time. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, it is best to enter the Vatican Museums before 3 in the afternoon, so you will be able to reach the chapel before it closes for the day.
- The Colosseum - Make sure you do not leave Rome without a visit to the Colosseum! As you get closer to this historic stadium, you will be astounded by its colossal size and the power that seems to radiate from it.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa - Though this peculiar, but iconic, structure is an attraction in itself, it is actually the bell tower of Pisa’s cathedral. It is best to schedule your trip to this attraction in mid-June to coincide with the city’s Luminara Festival.
Italy sightseeing tours and activities
Check out Italy sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel when planning your holiday in the country.