Through sightseeing tours and activities, you will learn from the experts all about London by showing you the best the city has to offer. You will enjoy digging into interesting historical and cultural facts through double-decker bus tours, walking tours, river cruises or even helicopter tours.
Sightseeing destinations in London
A London tour would allow you to discover the imperious city in all its grandeur, showing you incredible places it is famous for. The trip would encompass world-renowned attractions, including the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Shakespeare’s Globe, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Parliament Square, Marble Arch, St Paul's Cathedral and Oxford Street. You will also see other eminent regions of the city, such as Regent Street and Piccadilly, as well as take on an enthralling cruise along the River Thames. Moreover, tours to the Warner Bros. Studio have become very popular these days.
Top tour activities in London
There is a lot of things to do on your tour in London, and some of the activities you will experience include:
- Discovering the past and present royal residences and landmarks, such as the Tower of London. You can marvel at the world-famous Changing of the Guards ceremony before you reach the magnificent Buckingham Palace.
- Exploring the country’s rich heritage (through UNESCO World Heritage Sites), charming cities, mysterious rock formations (the Stonehenge in particular) and literary heroes, like Shakespeare.
- Travelling to see serene places, such as the Leeds Castle, the medieval city of Canterbury, white cliffs of Dover, the riverside district of Greenwich and the River Thames.
- Touring Warner Bros. Studios. Here, you can see sets, props and costumes from the greatest films produced by the company.
Top tour attractions in London
From the historically rich Tower of London to the modern London Eye, here are the most visited attractions in this wonderful city:
- British Museum - This world-famous museum exhibits the works of man from pre-historic to modern times from around the world, including the Rosetta Stone, Egyptian mummy collection and Parthenon sculptures.
- Tower of London - This has a 900-year history being a royal palace, arsenal, prison and place of execution, jewel house and even a zoo!
- Natural History Museum - Aside from its fascinating dinosaur exhibition, this museum boasts a collection of the tallest, biggest and rarest animals in the world.
- National Gallery - This is the crowning glory of Trafalgar Square, having a vast space filled with Western European paintings from the 13th to the 19th centuries by masters, such as da Vinci, Van Gogh, Renoir and many others.
- Coca-Cola London Eye - A major feature of London’s skyline, this famous giant Ferris wheel will offer you the best views of the city from its 32 capsules.
- Tate Modern - Sitting grandly on the River Thames banks is this museum of modern and contemporary art. Its unique shape is due to it previously being used as a power station.
London sightseeing tours and activities
When creating your itinerary, check out all London sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel. Do not forget your camera!