Glittering and gorgeous, Monaco is perhaps the most glamorous little stretch of land in the world. It offers seductive quality to its scenery with deep blue sea, vibrant flowers, graceful palm trees and lush greens. It exudes an air of extravagant wealth as having the highest per capita income in Europe, with upscale hotels, opulent restaurants, designer boutiques and luxury yachts. All of these things bring to mind great sightseeing tours in this fantastic corner of the globe.
Sightseeing destinations in Monaco
Monaco offers a great balance of modern and historical attractions, including museums, palaces, shopping malls, casinos and other relaxation spots, which you will definitely see through a sightseeing tour. It would be relatively easy to navigate this destination with a guide or even by yourself if you take the time to learn various short cuts.
Top tour activities in Monaco
Monaco tours generally include a lot of things to do, and the activities mostly include:
- Taking a walk through Monaco-Ville that is still a medieval village at heart and an astonishingly picturesque site, made up of almost entirely passageways, pedestrian streets and century houses. Here, you will have access to the Cathedral, Prince’s Palace, city hall, Oceanographic Museum and the Saint Martin Gardens.
- Try your luck in the Grand Casino. Just take note that you will need your passport to enter and the fees for entry can range enormously depending on your circumstance. However, you can still visit the casino without gambling, but you would still pay a nominal fee.
- Watch the Firmula 1 Grand Prix, as Monaco’s streets host this race each year. The main attraction of the race is the proximity of the speeding F1 machines to the spectators.
- Tour the Aquavision and discover Monaco from the sea. Basically, this is a catamaran-type boat tour that allows passengers to explore the natural seabed of the coast.
Top tour attractions in Monaco
Of all the attractions in Monaco, here are the ones that you should not miss during your tour:
- Monte Carlo - In spite of its small size, this place packs an enormous amount of glitz and glamour. It stands on a rocky promontory to the north of the Port of Monaco, with breathtaking seaside views. As the country’s wealthiest district, Monte Carlo attracts the rich and famous.
- Palais du Prince - This is home to the oldest monarchy in the world that is situated n a unique position high above the sea on the picturesque peninsula of Le Rocher. The site affords panoramic views, which history tells had provided defensive purposes in the Middle Ages.
- Musée Oceanographique - Sitting almost 90 meters above sea level in a dramatic setting, this aquarium and museum is one of the oldest aquariums in the world, commissioned by Prince Albert I. Constantly evolving, this museum offers world-renowned exhibits of oceanography and marine science, with collections including valuable scientific and historical collections.
Monaco sightseeing tours and activities
You will be able to make the most out of your holiday in this destination by checking out all Monaco sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.