New York City, also known as the Big Apple, is the most populous city in the US, lying at the mouth of the Hudson River in the southernmost part of New York. The city is a center for culture, media, art, fashion, food, finance and trade. It has one of the largest and most famous skylines in the world, which is dominated by the iconic Empire State Building. If you are planning a trip to this city, here are helpful tips that you can pick up:
Sightseeing destinations in New York City
The city consists of five boroughs that each have a unique culture and individual neighborhoods that have personalities lauded in film and music. These include Manhattan, which is the famous island between the Hudson and East Rivers; Brooklyn, which is known for its music venues, artists, beaches and Coney Island; Queens, which is the home of the city’s two major airports, the US Open Tennis Center, New York Mets professional baseball team and the city’s second-largest Chinatown; Bronx, which is home to the New York Yankees professional baseball team, Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Gardens; and the Staten Island, which has a suburban characrter.
Top tour activities in New York City
There are thousands of things to do in this massive city, and to help narrow down your list, here are the activities that should prioritize:
- Explore the Brooklyn Flea - You will be able to shop for one-of-a-kind vintage finds from the plethora of vendors who gather at the at the Brooklyn Flea, which cover a few neighborhoods around the boroughs.
- Walk the Brooklyn Botanic Garden - This activity will allow you to see a Japanese hill-and-pond garden, a rose garden and more than 200 cherry trees.
- Watch an experimental theater performance - Go to an experimental theater performance, such as “Sleep No More”, which is an interactive performance of “Macbeth” that takes place in McKittrick Hotel in Chelsea.
Top tour attractions in New York City
With all the great attractions in this city, here are those that are considered the top-rated:
- Statue of Liberty and Battery Park - France’s gift to the US, the Statue of Liberty was built in 1886 on the Liberty Island and has remained a famous world symbol of freedom. It offers a fine view of the New York Harbor and lower Manhattan. You will be able to see the statue from the Battery Park that sits on the southern tip of Manhattan.
- Empire State Building - This building is one of the most famous landmarks in New York, standing 381 meters tall. It is topped with a mooring mast for airships and has become a symbol for the city immediately when it opened in 1931.
- Central Park - The playground of New Yorkers, this huge park is one of the things that make the city a beautiful place and not just a concrete jungle. It has many attractions within its borders that have been featured in countless movies and TV shows.
New York City sightseeing tours and activities
To make the most out of your vacation in this great city, check out all New York City sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.