Booking in advance can take out the stress of spending a holiday in a new place—you can arrive and then get down with the action, skipping queues at famous attractions. With a little planning, you will not miss out any of the big highlights in your destination. For your holiday in Nice, here are tips you can pick up for sightseeing and activities:
Sightseeing destinations in Nice
A beautiful city situated on the south-eastern coast of France and along the Mediterranean Sea, Nice is perfect as a beach paradise and a resort destination. Its most visited places can surprise you with their shopping opportunities, attractions, activities and easy accessibility to other great places in France. For your sightseeing tours, you will be taken to places where you can enjoy the fantastic views of the scenery. You will be able to see the English Promenade, Chagall Museum, Matisse Museum, Mont Boron, Cimiez Monastery and much more. Form the city, you can visit the medieval village of Eze, marvel at the sight and history of the Old Town, visit the cathedral or tour the course used for the Formula One Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. Other places that you can go on your tour include, but not limited to, Cannes, Antibes, Provence and the French Riviera.
Top tour activities in Nice
Your holiday in Nice will present you a lot of activities that can make your experience more worthwhile. Here are some of the things to do when you get there:
- Visit the famous Promenade des Anglais that stretches along the coast to the old town and the quai des Etats-Unis to the east. Here, you will see the sparkling blue seas of the baie des Anges or the Bay of Angels.
- Explore the Old Town, where the local Niçois worked and lived. You can wander through its streets to have a glimpse of one of the woeld’s most beautiful Baroque churches and the Palais Lascaris.
- Test your shopping skills at the gorgeous Cour Saleya market that is filled with colors and scent of fresh vegetables. You will also find restaurants, bars and cafes lining the square.
- Explore its parks. Nice might be a bustling city, but it is a very green city with plenty of gardens and parks to indulge yourself in.
Top tour attractions in Nice
The world-famous beach is just the tip of the iceberg, as Nice also boasts many museums, churches and ruins to keep you happy for days in your vacation. Among these attractions, there are those that you should prioritize on your itinerary.
- Promenade des Anglais - This runs along the pebbly shore of the city’s beach, which tourists say that it is not only a lovely place for a stroll, but is also a good place to get used to the directions.
- Castle Hill - Locally known as Colline du Château, this more of a hill than a castle. From the ruins, you can climb its nearly 300 feet of stairs to the top to get a sweeping panorama of the city and the Bay of Angels. It also has a playground and ample ground for picnics.
- Chagall Museum - This is a national museum dedicated to the works of famous painter Marc Chagall, whose works were inspired by religion.
Nice sightseeing tours and activities
To get the most out of your holiday in this lovely city, check out all Nice sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.