Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
St Petersburg - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Known the world over for its high art, wild nightlife, lavish architecture, and rich history and culture, among others, St Petersburg has all the ingredients that will make your vacation a memorable travel experience. There is no shortage of sightseeing & activities in the city, which range from impressive to awe-inspiring. This is why a visit to St. Petersburg is often included in holiday packages to Russia.
Places to visit in St Petersburg
The historical center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is considered as one of the most beautiful places on earth. Its historic buildings are separated by canals and then connected with baroque bridges, thus the label the Venice of the North”. All these should give you a good idea of what to expect when visiting St. Petersburg. If there is one word that best describes the city, magical will be it.
- Palaces - Start with the Winter Palace, which is sure to be included in holiday packages to St Petersburg, then visit other grand palaces in the area, such as the Marble Palace, Mikhailovskiy Castle, Stroganov Palace and other royal residences.
- Imperial Estates - There are imperial palaces in the suburbs of St. Petersburg that will give you a different taste of influence and opulence. These include the Peterhof (Petrodvorets), Pavlovsk and the Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin).
- Museums - Locals named St Petersburg as “the museum city”, what with its numerous museums that tell tales of Russia’s past, with a mix of science and biography. Check out Biographical Museums, Museums of Science and Technology, and the Museums of Art and Culture.
Sightseeing is one of the popular things to do when in St Petersburg, so make sure to create an itinerary of places to visit for every day of your vacation.
Things to do in St Petersburg
There is no better way to fully experience the city than to visit all its attractions, whether natural or man-made. In St Petersburg, sightseeing is likely to fill your entire holiday, what with the many things you must see and do.
Sign up for a rooftop tour to get a clear view of the city’s skyline. There are construction laws that forbid skyscrapers from being built, which means you have limited options for getting a panoramic view of the city. So a rooftop tour is the perfect solution. Being the Venice of the North, you should not leave St Petersburg without going on a canal tour. Get a different perspective of the city from the water or canals.
Top attractions in St Petersburg
- The Hermitage Museum/The Winter Palace - No trip to St Petersburg will be complete without visiting The Hermitage Museum, home of over 3 million collections that originated from all over the world. The building itself is impressive, but the content is even more amazing.
- Saint Isaac's Cathedral - Located in St. Isaac’s Square, the Saint Isaac's Cathedral is the world’s third highest cupola cathedral, making it one of the major attractions in the city. Climb up to the colonnade to get the best view of the city.
St Petersburg holiday packages from India
These are just a few examples of the many attractions and places to visit in St Petersburg. Choose the right St Petersburg holiday packages to the city and you will see and experience plenty more.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore St. Petersburg with an English-speaking guide, on this two-day tour. Visit Peter and Paul's ...
This city tour is the perfect way to explore St. Petersburg in 2 days. During this comprehensive tou...
This small group (maximum 16 people), all-inclusive two day grand tour offers the most dazzling high...
Enjoy this comprehensive 2-day all-highlights group tour at the lowest price possible, yet with a co...
While in port in St. Petersburg, embark on a 2-day tour of the city's highlights. See Catherine Pala...
Two day exclusive group excursion with Faberge visit is a great way to see the most well known sight...
This highly personal private tour was created to include more personal interaction with the city and...
Explore the best of magnificent St. Petersburg in a small group, allowing for a more personalized an...
On this 2-day cultural tour of St. Petersburg, disembark from your cruise ship and explore the city’...
The group will consist of maximum 15 people and will be organized at set 2-day itinerary.This type o...