Dubai, United Arab Emirates simply has a dazzling and extraordinary tourism scene, boasting a myriad of tourist events and hot spots, from spectacular beaches to the tallest building in the world. But amidst this abundance of interesting places, only a few places in the city can compare to the grandeur of the Dubai Mall, which is regarded by many people on a holiday to Dubai as one of the top tourist attractions, not only in the country, but also around the world.
This mall offers an incredible combination of world-class shopping, entertainment, dining and leisure attractions, which are designed with a great deal of attention to detail to revolutionize the concept of shopping centers.
Top Things to Do in the Dubai Mall
With about 1,200 shops and leisure facilities, this mall will offer you a plethora of activities to try. However, there are those that you should not miss during your visit, such as:
- Check out the Waterfall - This is a 24-meter tall water feature that is located next to the Grove, which is a key component of the mall. It is decorated with fiberglass sculptures of divers and traverses all the four levels of the indoor shopping section. It is surrounded by coffee shops, where you can relax and enjoy views of the Dubai Fountain, Burj Dubai, the lake and the downtown region.
- Visit the Aquarium - Along with other shoppers and tourists, you can stop and gaze through the largest perspex window into an aquarium in the world. The free view from the mall would be enough to entertain you, but if you want to get closer to the sharks, rays, huge groupers and schools of smaller fish, you can pay to walk through the tunnel that leads to the tank. This place should not be missed especially when you have children with you.
- Skate at the Ice Rink - This activity is not like an experience of the old ice rink, as this facility has walls along the entire one side, which means you can cut back on your window shopping and instead does some window exercise. Adding to the spectacle is a huge screen at one of its ends.
- See the plays of the Dubai Fountain - While this fountain plays two times during lunchtime, the best time to see the show is in the evening when it plays at intervals of 20 minutes to half an hour, with each play lasting up to 5 minutes. You will know when it is about to start as the crowd would gather around the lake.
- Reach the top of Burj Khalifa - On the lower ground of the Dubai Mall, you will find an entrance to the top of Burj Khalifa. Take note that you have to pay to go up 124 floors and reach the viewing platform of the tallest building in the world.
Visiting the Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall definitely is a crowd-puller for tourism in the city, that a visit to this Dubai would not be complete without a visit to this place. To get the best of your visit to the Dubai Mall, get more tips from us here at La Vacanza Travel.