Ocean Park Hong Kong, or simply Ocean Park, is a combination of an animal theme park and amusement park that is located in Wong Chuk Hang and Nam Long Shan in Hong Kong’s Southern District. This theme park offers a variety of rides and attractions, including an aquarium dome, animal exhibits and roller coasters. Aside from being a theme park, this place aims to combine entertainment and education, which involve conservation advocacy.
Attractions in Ocean Park Hong Kong
This theme park comprises two main attraction zones—the Summit and the Waterfront—and the following are the top attractions in these areas:
- Ocean Park Tower - One of Southeast Asia’s tallest observation towers, the Ocean Park Tower rises 200 meters above sea level, having a rotating observation deck at the top that offers 360-degree views of the Aberdeen and the islands of Lamma, Lantau and Cheung Chau, as well as the South China Sea.
- Hair Raiser - This is the first and only floorless roller coaster in Hong Kong, where you will be plunged towards the sea with your legs dangling in the air. This ride can travel up to 4G when accelerating and 88kph, making it the fastest roller coaster in the city.
- Polar Adventure - This attraction comprises the South Pole Spectacular, North Pole Encounter, Arctic Fox Den and the Arctic Blast roller coaster. The animals here include various species of penguins, Pacific walruses, Steller sea lions, spotted seals, Arctic foxes and snowy owls.
- Grand Aquarium - The largest aquarium dome in the world, the Grand Aquarium will give you the opportunity to get up close to more than 400 species of fish, including the manta ray and the scalloped hammerhead. Strolling through the Panoramic Ocean Gallery and the Reef Tunnel, you will find out how colorful the underwater world is. It also features the city’s only restaurant inside an aquarium and the world’s first and only 360-degree water screen show.
Things to Do in Ocean Park Hong Kong
Do not miss the following activities on your trip to this theme park:
- Ride the cable car - Your trip to Ocean Park will not be complete without riding the popular cable car. You should take such a ride when going to and fro the park’s main sections—the Lowland Gardens and the Headland, though there are also free shuttle buses provided by the park, but taking them would not be fun. On a cable car, you will get breathtaking views!
- Watch a show at the Ocean Theater - This will let you enjoy watching sea lions and dolphins perform tricks before a crowd. You should go to the Ocean Theater early to get the best seats.
- Visit the giant pandas - If you are lucky, you will see these magnificent animals near the glass dividers, while enjoying bamboo leaves. After watching them, you can head to the souvenir shop to buy panda-themed toys, notebooks, key chains and other novelty items.
Visit Ocean Park Hong Kong
To ensure a great experience in the Ocean Park, book a Hong Kong holiday package with us here at La Vacanza Travel.