With about 7 million visitors each year, Victoria Peak (also known as simply the Peak) is a major tourist attraction in Hong Kong, offering spectacular views of the city and its waterfront. Considering the great things the Peak has to offer, a vacation in Hong Kong will not be complete without experiencing such an interesting place. You might argue that it is crowded with tourists, but it is difficult to deny its beauty.
Attractions in Victoria Peak
When visiting the Peak, make sure you do not miss the following attractions:
- Madame Tussauds - A branch of the well-known wax museum in London, the Hong Kong Madame Tussauds has the same idea of reproducing world figures in wax. In keeping with the location, there are Chinese and Hong Kong stars, including those of special interest to locals and those who have gone global, such as Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.
- The Peak Tower - This is where the upper station of the Peak Tram is located and is the most unusual building and icon in the city. Sitting at an elevation of 1,299 feet, this unique wok-shaped tower has viewing terraces on different levels, offering spectacular views of the city and the Kowloon skylines, including the Victoria Harbour.
- The Peak Galleria - Located opposite of the Peak Tower, this place also offers a free viewing terrace on its roof top and an exciting range of shops, restaurants, cafés and supermarkets.
- Sky Terrace 428 - This is the city’s highest viewing platform, sitting at an elevation of 1,404 feet, which can be reached via three flights of escalators.
Things to Do in Victoria Peak
For a more fun and memorable holiday in the Peak, here are activities that you can do:
- Ride the Peak Tram - While a bit steep, riding the Tram is not as scary as you think, but rather slow, allowing you plenty of time to enjoy the spectacular view. Needless to say, you should take the ride on a clear day.
- Take a walk on the Peak - You should go to the level 3 of the Peak Tower and then the street, where you can find a guideline for taking a walk along the Peak Trail. You can walk to the playground at Mount Austin for about 10 minutes or take other walks that can last for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Dine - While the Peak is often visited by local and foreign tourists for its great views, you should remember that it also encompasses a wide array of dining options, from the casual meals to the sophisticated delicacies. You will find here many examples of the city’s most distinctive and authentic styles, as well as international choices, which means that you will find something to fit your taste and budget.
Visit to Victoria Peak
A visit to Victoria Peak will certainly be fun and memorable if you get to see and do all the great things it has to offer. To ensure a great experience in this place, book a Hong Kong holiday package with us here at La Vacanza Travel.