Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Udaipur - Holiday Tour Packages
Udaipur is the capital of the Mewar district in Rajasthan, India. Historically, the city was established by Udai Singh in 1568 when he fled from Chittorgarh when it was captured by the Mughal emperor Akbar. The city has remained the capital of Mewar, which had become a princely state of British India in 1818.
The city is rich in culture, of which prosperity is shown by its colorful festivals and fairs. Also, it is popular for its palaces, temples, lakes, gardens and romantic backdrops, which were made the setting of several films, such as the James Bond film, “Octopussy”. Considering all what Udaipur has to offer, it is surely a great place for any type of travel, including romantic getaways or group sightseeing and activities.
Top places to visit in Udaipur
Udaipur has a lot of places of interest for tourists. When it comes to culture exploration, you can visit the City Palace, which is a complex of big and small palaces, gardens and museums of various types of architectural style; the Badi Mahal (Garden Palace), which is an exotic central garden palace that is situated on a high natural rock formation; the Ahar Museum, which contains more than 250 of Mewar maharajas’ cenotaphs; and the Krishna Vilas, which offers a rich collection of miniature paintings portraying royal processions, games and festivals of the Maharanas. There are also many temples that you can visit in this wonderful place.
If you love the outdoors, you can also check out its many lakes, gardens and parks, including the Fateh Sagar Lake, Badi Lake, Saheliyon ki Bari, Gulab Bagh and Bird Park, and the Nehru Garden.
Top things to do in Udaipur
- Watch cultural shows - On your Udaipur vacation, you can watch dances, marionette puppet shows and plays. You can enjoy these shows at the Bagore-ki-Haveli, Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal and Shilpgram.
- Engage in outdoor activities and sports - You can take organized bicycle tours in and around the city, where you can learn about the Indian heritage, culture and art more. You can also do some horseback riding through the fantastic landscape and views of the Aravalli Hills.
- Have a unique cultural and spiritual experience - You can do a several-minute walk from the Jagdish Temple on Bhatiyani Chohatta Street to the Dhaneria Haveli, where you can experience many things about the Indian culture, including food, hand reading, meditation, painting, etc.
Top attractions and landmarks in Udaipur
There is so much that you can see on your travel to Udaipur, but the following are the most visited by tourists from around the world:
- City Palace - Better known as the Palace Complex, this palace belongs to the royal Mewar family and has a variety of features that interest tourists. As it has exquisite architectural features, a few of its structures might leave you awestruck.
- Lake Pichola - You should not miss taking a boat ride on this wonderful lake, which begins at the City Palace. Take note that this lake has two world-renown islands, which are Jagmandir and Jagniwas.
- Lake Palace - This palace is built on Lake Pichola and is considered as one of Rajasthan’s most romantic places. Even if you might not be able to stay here, you should at least take a heritage walk of this hotel.
Now, when you are creating your itinerary or are looking for holiday packages for your Udaipur vacation, make sure you have considered all the things mentioned in this article.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
There is no place in Rajasthan, which appeals more to the imagination of poets, painters, travelers ...
This tour starts from the lobby of your Udaipur hotel and ends in at your accommodation in Jodhpur. ...
Enjoy dinner at Jag Mandir Island with a boat ride at Lake Pichola. During this 4-hour excursion, yo...
This tour leaves from Udaipur and take you to the beautiful city of Jodhpur! Visit some of the most ...
In Ranakpur, there is a beautiful sculptured Jain temple marked as one of the five holy places for t...
Marvel at two of Udaipur's striking architectural gems on this half-day sightseeing tour with your o...
This is an early morning bike tour with a visit to the popular lakes, the village of “arts and craft...
Book this full-day tour in Udaipur to visit some of the most popular attractions including City Pala...
This 14-hour privately guided, small-group trip will visit the majestic, UNESCO World Heritage liste...
On this full-day excursion, drive through lovely countryside to Fort Kumbhalgarh - one of India's mo...