United Kingdom - Holiday Tour Packages
The constitutional monarchy of the UK comprises Great Britain, Northern Ireland and much of the British Isles. Today, the region is diverse with native and immigrant cultures, and possesses not only a fascinating history, but also a dynamic modern culture that has a huge influence on the world. It is considered an overwhelmingly popular destination in many years for travelers coming from different corners of the globe, with cities, such as London, that are often regarded as having a truly global importance. This said, it is definitely one of the best places where you can have tours, sightseeing and activities, whether you are on a vacation alone, with your partner or with a group.
Places to visit
The UK offers many places for you to visit, from the Land’s End in the south to John O’Groats. It is home to 25 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, which include museums, municipal parks, interesting communities and natural wonders.
Specifically, the attractions in this country you should miss seeing are galleries, including the National Portrait Gallery, the National Gallery, the Tate and the Tate Modern, cultural cinemas and theaters, such as those in the West End and South Bank, and historical buildings, such as the recreated home of William Shakespeare. Aside from these, there are also traditional tourist sites, such as the Buckingham Palace, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Holyrood Palace, the Old Town and the New Town.
Things to do
Aside from the popular activities in London, like shopping, nightlife and visiting city attractions, you still have more enjoyable things to do in the UK countryside, which is definitely well worth exploring to experience the diversity and the real taste the region has to offer.
- Visiting Historic Towns on Day Trips - When you speak of the UK countryside, it is here where you can see beautiful coasts and historic towns the country is known for. In terms of these places, there is certainly something for everyone. For the best, you can head for the national parks, such as the Dartmoor and Yorkshire Dales.
- Relaxing at Its Beautiful Beaches - The country’s coasts have varied and interesting beaches, especially in places like St Ives. Also, it boasts of some beautiful seaside resorts, such as Bournemouth and Blackpool.
- Shopping - You can look to shop beyond London and head to Manchester, Bristol, Exeter or Glasgow.
- Enjoy Its Delicacies - British food is really good and is even considered improving over the decades, so you should try them. Native delicacies that the British people are always proud of include fish and chips, black pudding, Cornish pasty, sausages and many more.
Top attractions and landmarks
Among the many places you must visit in the UK, here are the top attractions and landmarks that you should not miss:
- Edinburgh Castle - Positioned on the Castle Rock, this is a historical fortress that dominates Edinburgh’s skyline. The castle is the most-visited paid tourist attraction in Scotland, with millions of visitors visiting each year, and is under the care of Historic Scotland.
- Stonehenge - Go to Wiltshire and you will find this internationally famous pre-historic monument. The Stonehenge is the remains of a ring of standing stones that are set within earthworks at the heart of England’s Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments. Here, you will find burial mounds.
- The Roman Baths - This complex of historical interest in Bath is actually a well-preserved Roman house that was originally built for public bathing. It is one of the major tourist attractions in the UK, along with the Grand Pump Room.
Now, you should already be excited about visiting one of the best destinations in the world. Check with your agent for holiday packages and enjoy a vacation of a lifetime. Stay safe!