Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Washington DC - Holiday Tour Packages
Washington, D.C. is the capital of the US, the country’s federal district and the seat of the country’s 3 government branches. The city is home to a huge number of free, public museums, and even the lion’s share of the country’s most treasured memorials and monuments are found here. In fact, the vistas in the National Mall are internationally renowned as icons of the most powerful and wealthiest nation in the world. Shedding its former reputation as a dangerous and boring city, Washington, D.C. is now a world-class metropolis with fascinating dining, shopping and nightlife. When planning a vacation in this wonderful city, here are considerations for the best sightseeing and activities you can indulge here:
Places to visit in Washington
Take note that most of D.C.’s attractions located in the National Mall, the Capitol Hill and the West End. For the National Mall, it is a unique national park that is full of museums, memorials, monuments and monumental government buildings that you will instantly recognize. A few of the top attractions here include the Washington Monument, the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool, the National Air and Space Museum, the Jefferson Memorial, the Holocaust Museum and many others.
In the East End, you will also find more museums and attractions, including the International Spy Museum, the Newseum and the home of an original copy of the Constitution at the National Archives. In the West End, you will find the White House, the Kennedy Center and the Textile Museum, while the Capitol Building and the Supreme Court are in Capitol Hill. Other landmarks that you should not miss are the Library of Congress, the National Zoo and the National Cathedral.
Things to do in Washington
When choosing holiday packages for your travel to D.C., make sure they include the following activities:
- Visit its parks - Having one of the highest ratios of parks among cities in the US, you will have more fun opportunities here when it comes to these places. Aside from the most famous National Mall, there are more parks you can visit, including the Rock Creek Park, Roosevelt Island, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, the National Arboretum, the Meridian Hill Park and the C&O Canal Towpath.
- Watch live music performances - Bustling with a rich live music scene, you can see performances in the city’s small and medium-sized clubs and bars. Also, you can watch major concerts at the Verizon Center in the East End or watch more intimate classical music concerts in other locations.
- Take advantage of free outdoor movies - Mostly during summer, you can watch for free outdoor movies every evening on huge outdoor screens at several locations in this city. You can even watch similar shows in nearby suburbs, such as Columbia, National Harbor and Bethesda.
- Join festivals - D.C.’s calendar of events is full of free public events throughout the year, including the Capitol Fourt, the National Cherry Blossom Festival, the National Kite Festival, the Cultural Tourism DC, the Smithsonian Folklife Festival and the DC Blues Festival.
Top attractions and landmarks in Washington
Undoubtedly, Washington, D.C. has many attractions and landmarks any type of traveler can enjoy, and those that top the list are:
- United States Capitol and Capitol Hill - Internationally recognized as a symbol of the US, the Capitol is the seat of the Senate and the House of Representatives, with a huge dome based on the one at St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome and standing out above other buildings in Washington.
- The White House - As the official residence of the US president, this is the home of every president, except George Washington. Though tours of the interior can be easily made, those for the State Dining Room and the Ballroom must be reserved well in advance through the Embassy or the Congressional office.
- The Lincoln Memorial - This is considered as the best-loved of all memorials in the city. At its center is a marble statue of a pensive and seated President Abraham Lincoln that is surrounded by many columns, which represent the number of states existing during the time of the president’s death.
Washington holiday packages
By considering all the things mentioned above when creating your itinerary or choosing Washington holiday packages, your travel to this great place in the US will be more fun and memorable. Enjoy and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Experience Washington DC’s most sought-after attractions like a true VIP insider. Beat the long line...
As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you ...
As the authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service, the Big Bus tour is the official sigh...
Take a full-day tour from Washington DC to Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery, two of Virg...
See Washington DC’s major sites in a fun, unique way – aboard an electric cart! As you explore Capit...
You haven't seen Washington DC until you've seen it at night! On this narrated evening tour, you'll ...
See DC's historical monuments and landmarks up close and personal on a 3-hour bike tour with an info...
Explore Washington DC’s top landmarks and monuments on a 3- or 6-hour tour by deluxe coach with full...
Explore Washington DC’s Arlington National Cemetery and most famous memorials on this 5-hour coach o...
Learn about the life of George Washington, first president of the United States, on this guided tour...