Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Zurich - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and is located in north-central part of the country at Lake Zurich’s northwestern tip. A bustling place, with a big population, it is a hub for air traffic, railways and roads, with the airport and the railway station as the largest and busiest in the country. Its official language is German, but the main spoken language is the local variant of the Alemannic Swiss German dialect.
Zurich is one of the leading global cities and one of the largest financial centres in the world. As a place with great opportunities, it is also visited all year round by many people who want to travel or have a great Holiday.
Places to visit in Zurich
Many art galleries and museums can be found in the city, so it is normal to expect holiday packages to Zurich that contains visits to these establishments. Amongst the most popular museums you should visit are the Swiss National Museum, the Schauspielhaus Zürich, the Zürich Museum of Art (also known as Kunsthaus Zürich), the Centre Le Corbusier (an art museum dedicated to the work of the Swiss architect Le Corbusier.
Aside from art galleries, you can also check out the guild houses Zurich is known for, which are located along the Limmat river, the Üetliberg, which is located to the west at an altitude of 813 meters (2,667 ft) above sea level (making it the highest hill in the city), and its famous gardens. In these places, you can experience a lot of sightseeing and activities that can make your trip more worthwhile.
Top things to do in Zurich
- Visit its museums – By doing this, you can explore the city’s culture, which is good as it is known for having a rich tradition. Aside from this, you can also visit its opera and ballet theatres.
- Join the Street Parade – When you travel to Zurich, schedule it in a way that you can see this largest and most popular annual event in the city. Did you know that this is also one of the largest techno and dance music festivals in the world?
- Enjoy its food – Zurich’s traditional cuisine consists of traditional fare, which reflects the centuries of rule by patrician burghers and the lasting imprint of Huldrych Zwingli’s puritanism. Traditional dishes you should try are Zürcher Geschnetzeltes and Tirggel.
- Do some clubbing and experience the nightlife – The city offers a great deal of variety when it comes to night-time leisure, which is good if you are off to a vacation for pleasure.
Top attractions in Zurich
Amongst its places of interests, the following are some that you should not miss:
- Swiss National Museum - This museum displays many objects that illustrate the historical and cultural background of Switzerland and contains many ancient artefacts, including costumes, stained glasses, painted furniture and weapons.
- Zoological Garden - Holding about 260 species of animals, this place lets you come across separate enclosures of India lions, snow leopards, pandas, otters and other amazing species.
- Chinese Garden - This was a gift by the country’s Chinese partner town of Kunming for Zurich’s scientific and technical assistance in the Chinese city’s drinking water supply and drainage system. It expresses one of the main themes of Chinese culture—Three Friends of Winter.
- Zurich Museum of Art - As previously mentioned, this is one of the significant art museums of Europe, holding one of the largest collections in Classic Modern Art in the world.
Zurich holiday packages from India
Now, are you ready to visit Zurich? Enjoy your Swiss holiday and stay safe! Check out a range of Switzerland and Zurich holiday packages on offer from La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Witness breathtaking snowy mountain landscapes on this day trip from Zurich to Mount Titlis. First, ...
See top Zurich attractions such as the Swiss National Museum, Old Town (Alstadt) and the Zurich Oper...
Sure to be a highlight of your Switzerland vacation, this day trip from Zurich takes you into the Sw...
Marvel at the Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall, on this half-day tour from Zurich. Travel to ...
For a full day of alpine summer splendor, make for the mountains on this guided roundtrip from Zuric...
Combine nature and city culture on the Zurich Super Saver 2 tour, and enjoy two best-selling tours a...
On this full-day alpine excursion, escape Zurich and spend a glorious day in the Lake Lucerne area, ...
While in Switzerland, breathe in the fresh mountain air on this day trip to Lucerne and Engelberg fr...
See the highlights of the business and cultural hub of Switzerland on this sightseeing coach tour of...
Get the best of both worlds on this full day trip to central Switzerland and Lucerne's old town. Aft...