Individual Sightseeing tour in Kaliningrad

Duration: 2 to 4 hours
Destination: Russia, Northwestern District, Kaliningrad
from
13924

Check Availability

  • 2 to 4 hours
  • Kaliningrad
  • E-Voucher
  • Lowest Price
  • Cancellable

Overview

The ancient city near the sea is full of amazing surprises that it is ready to present to guests. Starting to get to know him once, you will surely fall in love with its narrow streets and long alleys.
Kaliningrad's uniqueness lies in the fact that you can travel from era to era literally with a break of a few minutes.
Different times brought incredible solutions to the city’s architecture and made it really an unpredictable quiz for the guests of our amber region.
We will tell you how the royal castle is adjacent to the building in the form of a robot, how an old cathedral stands in the courtyard of an ordinary Soviet-era panel building, how did sea port and industrial part become the main art space of the city, who lives now in old villas of Amalienau district, on which street were made the first steps of the great Ernst Theodor Amadeus Hoffmann and what underground passages connect the whole city.
Join our fascinating journey - it will be very exciting!

Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this product

Stop At: The Fighting Bulls, pr. Mira, 1, Kaliningrad 236022 Russia

The Fighting Bulls monument is a sculptural composition of two large figures of bull by the German sculptor August Gaul, established in 1912 in Königsberg.
August Gaul (1869-1921), a member of the Berlin Secession, was considered the most famous animal sculptor of his time. Two bronze figures of bull were cast in 1911 after lengthy observations of animals and based on numerous drawings.
The sculptural composition consists of two powerful male bison, mated in a fight, cast in full size and mounted on a pedestal about a meter high. From two holes in the pedestal, covered with stylized sinks, jets of water flow into the bowl of the rectangular pool in front of the sculptures.
Initially, they were supposed to be installed in the castle of the archbishop in Munster, but then they were transferred to the city of Königsberg by the Prussian Minister of Culture to equip the fountain in front of the new building of the Supreme Court of East Prussia and the administrative court on the Hufenallee at the Steindamm Gate. The opening of the sculpture took place on November 12, 1912.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Kaliningrad Zoo, Mira Ave., 26, Kaliningrad 236022 Russia

The Kaliningrad Zoo was founded in 1896 as the Königsberger Tiergarten in the German town of Königsberg, which in 1945 became part of Russia and was renamed Kaliningrad. Thus, the zoo is one of the oldest zoological gardens in Russia, and one of the largest. Its collection, which extends over 16.5 ha, comprises 315 species with a total of 2264 individual animals (as of 2005)The Kaliningrad zoo is also an arboretum. Sights include not only animals, but also rare plants like a relict ginkgo tree which was coeval with the dinosaurs.
The zoo also has animal sculptures, including a bronze statue of an elk and a stone statue of an orangutan. The entrance is decorated by a sculpture of many animals. The grounds include pre-war buildings and a fountain.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Museum of the World Ocean, Emb. Petra Velikogo, 1-9., Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

The Federal State Institution of Culture “The Museum of the World Ocean” of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation is the leading maritime museum in Russia that conducts scientific research in the field of the history of studying the nature of the ocean. The Museum of the World Ocean is unique in its character and versatility of objects and exhibits, it has a huge potential of attractiveness for tourists who have the opportunity to visit experimental-research and military facilities, access to which is usually strictly limited.
In the Museum of the World Ocean, the only in the country Embankment of the Historical Fleet was created, at the berth of which the moor is the largest research vessel in the world, the Vityaz Museum, the country's only submarine museum afloat, the B-413, the only ship in the world. the cosmonaut Viktor Patsayev space communication, which has a museum exposition, the country's only fishing vessel, the CPT-129 museum. The branch of the Museum is located in St. Petersburg, where the world's oldest icebreaker Krasin is moored. Museum history presents the history of research and development of the World Ocean.

Duration: 1 hour

Stop At: The Church of the Holy Family, B. Hmel'nickogo ul., 61a, Kaliningrad 236039 Russia

Holy Family Church is a neogothic brick church in Kaliningrad. It was built in the Haberberg city district of Königsberg, near the Pregel river, between 1904 and 1907.
The church was designed by architect Friedrich Heitmann and was built for the Catholic immigrants that were coming to Königsberg. The church remained largely unharmed during World War II. It was used by the Red Army as a lazaret immediately after the war, and then as a fertilizer depot.
In the beginning of the 1980s the church was restored a little, and began to function as the concert hall of the Kaliningrad Philharmonic. This made possible the installation of a new organ, which with its 44 registers and 3,600 pipes became a favourite of even the best organists of the Saint Petersburg music academy. The clock of the Kreuzkirche was placed in the tower.

Duration: 15 minutes

Stop At: Holy Cross Cathedral, Generala Pavlova St., 2, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

Holy Cross Cathedral is a church in the former city district of Lomse in Königsberg, Germany, now Kaliningrad, Russia. The church was designed by architect Arthur Kickton and built between 1930 and 1933 for the evangelical community of Königsberg. Between the two towers a monumental cross from Kadyny maiolica is situated. The church was only lightly damaged in World War II and became a garage and a factory for fishing equipment thereafter. After a fire it was decided in 1988 to use the building as a church again, now for the Kaliningrad Orthodox community. Both towers were connected to the nave again in the restoration that followed. The original clock of the church now hangs on the Church of the Holy Family.is a church in the former city district of Lomse in Königsberg, Germany, now Kaliningrad, Russia. The church was designed by architect Arthur Kickton and built between 1930 and 1933 for the evangelical community of Königsberg. Between the two towers a monumental cross from Kadyny maiolica is situated. The church was only lightly damaged in World War II and became a garage and a factory for fishing equipment thereafter. After a fire it was decided in 1988 to use the building as a church again, now for the Kaliningrad Orthodox community. Both towers were connected to the nave again in the restoration that followed. The original clock of the church now hangs on the Church of the Holy Family.

Duration: 20 minutes

Stop At: Kaliningrad Stadium, Solnechny Blvd 25 Oktyabrskiy Island, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

Kaliningrad Stadium, also called Arena Baltika, is a football stadium on Oktyabrsky Island, Kaliningrad, Russia, which hosted four games of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. It will also host FC Baltika Kaliningrad of the Russian Football National League, replacing Baltika Stadium.
This is a two-tier stadium, equipped with ultramodern security systems and CCTV. Its project is based on the concept of the Allianz Arena, which hosted matches of the 2006 World Cup in Germany. The project cost is planned around 11 billion rubles but ended up costing much more than that. The first match was played on 11 April 2018. The stadium, following the 2018 World Cup, will turn into 25,000 seating capacity, and part of the roof will be retracted.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: House of Soviets, Shevchenko St., 2, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

The House of Soviets is a building located in the city of Kaliningrad, an exclave of Russia. The local people often refer to it as the "buried robot" because its appearance resembles the head of a giant robot which is buried in the ground up to the shoulders. The chief architect was Yulian L. Shvartsbreim. It was built on the original territory of Königsberg Castle.

Duration: 15 minutes

Stop At: Konigsberg Cathedral, Kanta St, 1, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

Königsberg Cathedral is a Brick Gothic-style monument in Kaliningrad, Russia, located on Kneiphof island in the Pregel river. It is the most significant preserved building of the former City of Königsberg, which was largely destroyed in World War II.
Dedicated to Virgin Mary and St Adalbert, it was built as the see of the Prince-Bishops of Samland in the 14th century. Upon the establishment of the secular Duchy of Prussia, it became the Lutheran Albertina University church in 1544. The spire and roof of the cathedral burnt down after two RAF night raids in late August 1944; reconstruction started after the Perestroika movement in 1992.

Duration: 20 minutes

Stop At: King's Gates, Frunze St., 112, Kaliningrad 236016 Russia

The King's Gates are one of the former six gates that were built during the 19th century around Kaliningrad
The King's Gate was originally the Gumbinnen Gate, built in 1765 at the edge of the district Neue Sorge. In 1811 it was renamed the King's Gate and was the terminus of the Königstraße boulevard. The gate was redesigned by Friedrich August Stüler in 1850. The west facade has three sandstone statues, made by sculptor Wilhelm Stürmer: nine metres above the ground to the left the Bohemian king Ottokar II is depicted, who was Königsberg's namesake. Frederick I of Prussia, Prussia's first king, follows as the middle statue. To the right Albert, Prussia's first duke and founder of the Albertina university, holds an eye over the city. Above the sculptures the coat of arms of Samland and Natangen are shown.
The gate was damaged during the Second World War. Furthermore, as a first victory celebration, Soviet soldiers decapitated the statues. With the celebration of the city's 750-year existence in June 2005, the gate was renovated. A few months before the beginning of the festivities, the gate was still in a desolate condition. Within a few weeks, however, the gate was restored to its condition before the war. Fully restored statues replaced the decapitated ones on the gate with this renovation.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Sackheim Gate, Litovskiy Val, 61, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

Sackheim Gate is one of seven surviving city gates in Kaliningrad, Russia, formerly the German city of Königsberg. It is located at the intersection of Moscow avenue and Lithuanian wall street.
Named after the Sackheim district, the current gate was built in the middle of the 19th century. It replaced an earlier version which was erected during the construction of the first city walls of Königsberg at the beginning of 17th century. After World War II, the gate was used as a warehouse, which it remained until 2006. The gate is protected as a monument by the Russian federal government.
In 2006, restoration of the gate began. After restoration will be completed, the gate will be used by the Centre of Standardisation and Metrology, a Russian federal government agency. It will accommodate laboratories and a small museum, where weights and other antique measuring instruments will be on display.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Rosgartener Gate, pl. Vasilevskogo, Kaliningrad Russia

The Rosgartener Gate is one of seven surviving city gates of Kaliningrad, Russia, formerly the German city of Königsberg. It is located at the intersection of Chernyakhovskogo street and Alexander Nevsky street, near the Vasilevskiy square and the Kaliningrad Amber Museum.
Named after the district Rossgarten, the current gate replaced a previous version of the gate from the beginning of the 17th century. It was constructed between 1852 and 1855 under the supervision of Wilhelm Ludwig Stürmer. The gate was damaged after the war, but restored afterwards and currently houses a café-restaurant called Solnechny Kamen (Solar Stone).

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Kaliningrad Amber Museum, Marshala Vasilevskogo Sq., 1, Kaliningrad 236016 Russia

The Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum is a museum located in the Russian city of Kaliningrad devoted to housing and displaying amber artworks. It is located in the city center, on the shore of Lake Verkhneye. Construction on the museum began in 1972. The museum opened in 1979 and houses about 14,000 individual pieces. The museum occupies part of a reconstructed fortification, originally built by Karl Friedrich Emil zu Dohna-Schlobitten in the Napoleonic wars.
Among the exhibits are the world's second-largest piece of amber and a 4-foot-tall vase named The Abundance, as well as a collection of over 3,000 amber inclusions. One of the most famous organic inclusions is a small lizard.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Zheleznodorozhnyye Vorota, Prospekt Gvardeyskiy, 51 A, Kaliningrad 236006 Russia

On the Eisenbahnhof gate there is an inscription with the date of their construction - 1866-1889. It is located on the castle stone gate. The Railway Gate was designed by architect Ludwig von Astaire.
Through this gate passed the railway leading to Pillau (now Baltiysk). After the defenses of the city center were removed, Deutscherdenring Street (now Guards Avenue) was laid along the former rampart. Thus, since then, the gates are hardly noticeable, and rather resemble a tunnel through a road embankment.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Brandenburg Gate, Bagrationa street, Kaliningrad Russia

Brandenburg Gate is one of seven surviving city gates in Kaliningrad, the former German city of Königsberg. The gate is located on Bagration Street and is the only gate of Kaliningrad still in use for the intended purpose.
The Brandenburg Gate was built in the south-western part of Königsberg in 1657, with the strengthening of the city walls at the intersection with the road leading to the castle of Brandenburg (now the village of Ushakovo). Due to lack of funds a mere wooden gate was erected. Some hundred years later the gate was torn down and replaced by a brick structure by order of King Frederick II of Prussia. During restoration work in 1843 the gate was significantly altered and decorated with sharp decorative pediments, cruciform sandstone color, stylized leaves on the tops, coats of arms and medallions. Sculptures of Field Marshal Hermann von Boyen (1771–1848), a war minister and reformer of the Prussian army, and Lieutenant-General Ernst von Aster (1778–1855), chief of the engineering corps, and one of the initiators of the second strengthening of the city walls, were added as well.
The Brandenburg Gate is the only gate of the still existing gates of Kaliningrad that performs its original transport function. The structure has been restored and is protected by the state as an architectural monument.
Nowadays the museum of Marzipan is located in this gate.

Duration: 20 minutes

Stop At: Friedland Gates Museum, Dzerzhinskogo St., 30, Kaliningrad 236039 Russia

The name of the gate is associated with the city of Friedland, the current Pravdinsky. The first Friedland Gate was built in the XVII century, but they were not located on the site of the present.

The surviving Friedland Gate became the last gate of Königsberg (that is, it was built last). The exact date of their construction is unknown, approximate dates are 1857-1862. It is also unknown who was their architect. At the beginning of the 20th century, the gates, which were outdated and lost their military significance, along with the entire second shaft contour were sold by the War Ministry to the city.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Friedrichsburg Gate Museum, Portovaya St., 39A, Kaliningrad 236039 Russia

Construction of the fort began in 1657 during the Second Northern War by the order of Frederick William of Brandenburg-Prussia. The fort was built in place of a tollhouse on the southern shore of the Pregel River at the western edge of Königsberg. It was included within the new ring of Königsberg fortifications constructed from 1626–34. Districts neighboring the fort were Vorstadt to the east, Nasser Garten to the southwest outside of the city walls, and Lastadie to the north across the river. Construction of the fort was resented by the constituent towns of Königsberg, especially Kneiphof.
Friedrichsburg was designed by Christian Otter, court mathematician and Albertina professor. Friedrichsburg's position allowed its cannons to defend the city from the west, monitor incoming traffic from the Frisches Haff, and suppress civil uprising. The fort originally consisted of earthwork, bricks, and ditches. The square-shaped structure included four bastions, nicknamed Smaragd, Perle, Rubin, and Diamant.
Peter I of Russia studied the fort in 1697 while touring Europe.[4] The fort was used as a state and military prison until 1825; Ludwig Yorck von Wartenburg was imprisoned there for insubordination from 1780–81. The Friedrichsburg Gate was completed during the reign of King Frederick William IV of Prussia. The fort was remodeled in 1852 during the reign of King Frederick William IV of Prussia, with construction of the stately Friedrichsburg Gate, new walls, and expansion of the citadel with four round towers. By the end of the 19th century, however, the fort was used only for military storage.

Duration: 20 minutes

Stop At: Аэропорт "Девау", Ulitsa Prigorodnaya, 4, Kaliningrad, Kaliningradskaya oblast', Russia, 236038

The airport was built at the site of the former Kalthof proving ground of the Prussian Army on the road from Königsberg to Labiau (present-day Polessk), named after the nearby village of Devau. First flights were conducted here already before World War I. In 1919, per the terms of the Versailles treaty, the "Polish corridor" had separated East Prussia from the main part of Germany. The main building was designed by the architect Hanns Hopp, who was the architect of several public and private buildings erected in Königsberg in the 1920s. The airport gained a tram link to the city, a couple of miles to the south, in 1924.

On 1 May 1922, the flight route from Berlin via Königsberg to Moscow was inaugurated, then the first international air connection of the Soviet Union. The airlink was provided by the joint Soviet-German Deruluft airline. From 1926, Devau Airport was also used by the Deutsche Luft Hansa, which set up the first night flying connection between Königsberg and Berlin as well as air links to Tilsit and Memel (Klaipėda).

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Monument to Peter the Great, Mira Ave., Kaliningrad Russia

Of all Russians, Peter the Great is paid particular tribute in Kaliningrad perhaps because he is one of a few Russians who has a history here. Peter briefly spent time here around 1697 when his Great Embassy diplomatic mission passed through Königsberg on its way around Europe. Peter was travelling incognito with the mission in part to be able to acquire knowledge that would help him strengthen his country’s military. In Königsberg he spent time studying at Fort Friedrichsburg under his alias of Peter Mikhaylov and was commended for his bomb firing skills. This statue was unveiled in 2003 and interestingly sits outside of the headquarters of the Russian Baltic Fleet.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Synagogue, Oktyabrskaya, 1A, Kaliningrad Russia

n 1508 two Jewish physicians were allowed to settle in the city.307 Jews lived at Königsberg in 1756. There were 1,027 Jews in Königsberg in 1817. In 1864 there lived 3,024 Jews. In 1880 there were 5,000 Jews at the city. In 1900 there were only 3,975 Jews in Königsberg. The first synagogue was a chapel built in 1680 in Burgfreiheit (a location which was a ducal Prussian immunity district around the castle, not administrated by the city).
In 1704 there was the formation of the Jewish congregation, when they acquired a Jewish cemetery and when they founded a "Chevra Kaddisha". In 1722 they received a constitution. In 1756 a new synagogue in Schnürlingsdamm street was dedicated but destroyed by the city fire in 1811. In 1815 a new synagogue was constructed on the same location, meanwhile called Synagogenstrasse #2. The second constitution of the Jewish congregation was issued in 1811.

Duration: 10 minutes

Stop At: Amber Manufactory Builiding, Portovaya St., 3, Kaliningrad 236039 Russia

Since 1926, the amber manufactory has been operating in the building. Inside were a sorting factory, a pressing workshop and the directorate of the world's largest amber mining and processing enterprise, whose products in the last century became famous throughout Europe.
It produced jewelry, smoking accessories, sports prizes and much more. For a long time, the famous German sculptor Herman Brachert was the artistic consultant to the manufactory, and its representative offices, according to historians, worked in Paris, London, Vienna, Brussels and New York.

Duration: 10 minutes

Inclusions
  • Air-conditioned vehicle
  • Private transportation
  • Guided tour service in the selected language
  • Entry/Admission - Konigsberg Cathedral

Exclusions
  • Lunch
  • Entry/Admission - Kaliningrad Zoo
  • Entry/Admission - Museum of the World Ocean
  • Entry/Admission - Kaliningrad Amber Museum
  • Entry/Admission - Friedrichsburg Gate Museum
  • Confirmation will be received at time of booking
  • Not wheelchair accessible
  • Near public transportation
  • Infants must sit on laps
  • Infant seats available
  • Most travelers can participate
  • This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Departure Point

Traveler pickup is offered
You choose the location that you want to be picked up.
You choose the time of start as well.


Airports

  • Airport Khrabrovo, Khrabrovo, Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia, 238315


Voucher info

You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.

Duration

2 to 4 hours

For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.

User's Reviews

No review available.

User's Picture Gallery


Similar Packages