Macau - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Macau is often dubbed as the Las Vegas in the east, what with gambling being one of its economic drivers, along with tourism. What some people may not know is that it was Las Vegas that wanted a bit of Macau in the form of Little Macau, a new bar and gaming site inspired by the history of the real Macau. And it was only in 2002, that casino owners from Las Vegas had an opportunity to enter the region's gambling market. This only shows that Macau has something worth coveting. But, more than anything, it is an impressive travel destination that gamblers and non-gamblers alike would love to spend a holiday in.
Top places to visit in Macau
Geographically, Macau is divided into a peninsula and two islands, offering visitors several places to visit for a spot of sightseeing & activities.
- Macau Peninsula is where most tourist activities can be enjoyed, which is why it is densely crowded. A wide range of holiday packages to Macau would most likely be concentrated on this area.
- Taipa is where Macau's International Airport is located, and where all the fun starts. Travel to and from Taipei is made possible through the three bridges that connect the island to the south of the peninsula.
- Coloane is one of the nature-packed areas in Macau. Thanks to its mountainous terrains, it is home to beaches, hiking trails, golf course, and a resort, instead of skyscrapers.
- Cotai, on the other hand, is a reclaimed land where newer casinos are being built.
Top things to do in Macau
Got plenty of cash to burn? Gambling is one of the top things to do when in Macau. But even if you don't have extra funds to throw away, checking out any of its casinos would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, especially if you don't see yourself traveling to Las Vegas anytime soon.
How about doing something less expensive or free? You can always go swimming in two of Macau's beaches, Hac Sa and Cheoc Van. You can also check out public swimming pools and those found in high-end hotels. Hiking, cycling and bowling are also top three things to do when in Macau. But if there's one thing you should not miss when you travel to Macau, it would be to climb to the top of the Macau Tower where you can skywalk, Sky Jump, or bungee jump.
Top attractions in Macau
In Macau, there are as plenty of things to see as there are things to do. With over hundreds of years of a mix of European and Chinese cultures, sightseeing would be an adventure. Enjoy a leisurely walk and see temples, churches, old buildings, fortresses and gardens to admire.
- Rua de Tercena - This part of Macau is less crowded, but packed with a lot of character. It is a popular flea market, art, and antique street that will turn ordinary shopping into an art form. It is also close to St Paul's and Senado Square.
- Macau Tower - As previously mentioned, the Macau Tower is where you can enjoy different adventure activities. But this is also where you can get a bird's eye view of the entire island.
- Heritage Sites - Plenty of buildings in the large section of the Macau Peninsula have cultural and historical significance, which is why the entire area is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The best way to see all of them is to choose holiday packages that include a Macau Heritage Walk.
Macau holiday packages
There are a wide range of Hong Kong & Macau holiday tour packages to choose from. In fact, if you wish to see the best of Macau during your holiday, it is recommended to sign up for one of the Macau holiday package tours on offer or reach out to our expert travel consultant to customise a Macau holiday package tour for you from any city in India like Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and many more.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Prepare to be amazed by "The House of Dancing Water", a water show extravaganza staged in a custom-b...
Complete your visit to Hong Kong with a day trip to Macau, once the oldest European settlement in th...
If you’ve wondered what’s unique about the former Portuguese colony of Macau, take a city sightseein...
Tour starts and ends in Macau. Pickup and drop off place can be either Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Te...
This full-day small-group tour is designed for people who need ferry and coach transfer service to H...
Be amongst the first to experience the show that is set to become Asia's top magic performance.
The most convenient Macau sightseeing is on an open-top tour bus. Just sit back and relax or hop on ...
Take a walk on the wild side on the Macau Tower Skywalk, 764 feet off the ground. Securely strapped ...
Soar to a breathtaking 223 meters above ground and marvel at the panorama from the observation deck ...
Capture all the romance of Venice in the heart of Macau with a 20-minute gondola ride at The Venetia...