Popularly known as the Island of the Gods, Bali has a varied landscape of mountains and hills, sandy beaches, rugged coastlines, barren volcanic hillsides and lush rice terraces, making up a picturesque backdrop to the island’s deeply spiritual, colorful and unique culture. With world-class diving and surfing spots, a huge number of historical and cultural attractions and a comprehensive range of accommodation, Bali has become one of the world’s most popular destinations, offering something to travelers from all walks of life.
Sightseeing destinations in Bali
The best-known attractions in the island are undoubtedly its temples, which you can find in all the villages, as they are required by customary law to construct and maintain at least three of these structures at strategic points across Bali to protect the island and its inhabitants from dark forces. Aside from the temples, there are also historic monuments that you should see, such as the Bali Bomb Memorial and those that commemorate the Balinese people’s suicidal fight to the death against the Dutch colonists in the early 20th century. Though there are many black sand coastlines given the volcanic nature of the land, there are also a considerable number of beaches in the south that have fine-grained white sand, with those that are especially safe for swimming including Jimbaran Bay and all of the north coast.
Top tour activities in Bali
There are plenty of things to do in Bali that you should not miss to be able to fully get a feel of what this place is all about. These include:
- Discovering Its Hot Springs - There are several hot springs to be discovered in Bali, and one of the most popular is the Air Banjar on the north coast of the island near Lovina. Another good choice is the Toya Bungkah that is located on the shores of Lake Batur, high in the mountains of the north eastern part of the island.
- Water Activities - Bali is known for having many interesting scuba diving sites, including the chilled out coral bommies in Padang Bai, the wreck of USAT Liberty at Tulamben, the dramatic drift diving off Nusa Penida, and the serene reefs around Menjangan Island. Also, the other beaches and inland bodies of water here offer great opportunities for surfing, sailing, white-water rafting and sport fishing.
- Partying at Kuta Beach - Kuta is the most popular beach on the island, which is also known for its party scene. So, if you are looking to socialize and have a good time, then this is a good place to be.
Top tour attractions in Bali
Bali definitely deserves the attention it is getting for its great attractions that you will not find elsewhere in the world.
- Uluwatu Temple - Pura Luhur is perched on a large rugged limestone cliff, which provides an exhilarating scene, in addition to its dramatic grandeur. This attraction is situated on the island known as Bukit Peninsula.
- Pura Tanah Lot - This is another popular pilgrimage temple that is built on a majestic rock formation. It is highly regarded for its cultural significance and serenity, as it is associated with the Balinese mythology that considers it as one of the seven temples forming a ring in the southwest of the island.
- Bali’s Temple by the Lake - The Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is a beautifully structured temple that serenely rests at the edge of the clear Lake Bratan.
Bali sightseeing tours and activities
When planning your holiday on this world-famous destination, check out the Bali sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.