Los Angeles, nicknamed the City of Angels, is the most populous metropolis in California and is surrounded by vast mountain ranges, forests, valleys, a desert and beautiful beaches along the Pacific Ocean. It is an important center for culture, business, international trade, industries, science, media and tourism, which make it a great choice of destination for your next sightseeing holiday.
Sightseeing destinations in Los Angeles
This sprawling city is one of the most famous cities in the US and is known around the world for Hollywood, which is a neighborhood that has been drawing aspiring actors and performers from across the country for almost a hundred years now. The warm climate and beautiful beaches are another prominent selling point of the city, with the nearby Venice Beach providing a laid-back experience you will not find elsewhere. The city also has a wealth of cultural attractions and museums, including the J Paul Getty Museum. Other places of interest include the unique Le Brea Tar Pits, which reveals fossils from 10 to 40 centuries ago.
Top tour activities in Los Angeles
The list of things to do can be very long, considering the vastness of the city, but the following activities will allow you to get the most out of your trip.
- Seeing the Sights of Hollywood - Celebrities are never far away in this city, providing you a great opportunity to get a glimpse of stardust. You should stroll the Hollywood Walk of Fame, where thousands of figures from the world of entertainment are immortalized with symbolic gold lettering.
- Getting Active on the Venice Beach - Venice Beach is regarded as the eccentric Mecca of California that gets more than a fair share of mainstream tourists. If you enjoy people-watching, you can find skateboarders, bodybuilders, radical pamphleteers and other kinds of people walking around the beach.
- Shopping in Style on the Rodeo Drive - Here, you can buy from the array of high-end designers, but if you are limited on cash, then window-shopping is still very enjoyable, where you will see tourists also mingling with serious spenders. This is also where you will find the Anderson Court, which is designed by the famous Frank Lloyd Wright.
Top tour attractions in Los Angeles
The diverse mix of sightseeing opportunities in LA will make for a perfect getaway for you any time of the year. Here are its attractions:
- Griffith Park and Observatory - Situated in the eastern part of the Santa Monica Mountains, this is the largest state park in the state, covering an area of 4,210 acres. It encompasses the Griffith Observatory, a planetarium, a Greek theater, the Los Angeles Zoo, a riding center that was created for the 1984 Olympic Games, tennis courts and golf courses.
- J Paul Getty Museum - Also located in the Santa Monica Mountains, this huge complex, designed by Richard Meier, measures 0.75 square miles and is set on 110 acres of land. Its collections range from Roman and Greek antiquities to contemporary art.
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) - This museum consists of three separate facilities that are dedicated to works dating back to the 1940s, including emerging works of media.
Los Angeles sightseeing tours and activities
To be able to see the best on your holiday in this city, check out all Los Angeles sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.