One of the world’s most iconic cities, Paris has a heritage of historical monuments and trend-setting fashion that you will not find elsewhere. Once the biggest city in the western world, it has enjoyed even greater prominence during the 18th-century French Revolution, which transformed it into a great hub of culture, industry, science and finance, as what it remains today. Here are some tips for your trip to this marvelous city:
Sightseeing destinations in Paris
Welcoming millions of visitors each year wanting to learn about its history, culture and art, it is no surprise that Paris is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. Sightseeing tours will take you many places that have attractions, museums and other sites that are great to see anytime of the year. For example, if you hop on a bus tour, you will stop at multiple points around the city to allow you to make your own sightseeing timetable. Another great and unique way to see what the city is all about is going to the Seine River and take a cruise that gives you great views of the popular landmarks from a perspective on the water. Of course, you will be looking for iconic photo ops, so do not forget to bring your camera!
Top tour activities in Paris
There are many things to do on your Paris holiday, especially if it is your first time in this beautiful city. Withal, make sure you do not miss the following activities:
- Catch a glimpse of the city after hours by taking an Eiffel Tower trek at night it illuminates the golden scenery below. While not on this tour, you should also turn your attention to the tower every night on the hour, as you will see thousands of flickering lights making it sparkle.
- Go to the Louvre, which is the largest art museum in the world, with many people regarding it as even the best. It is here that you will find great works of art from the masters of the past.
- Take a tour to the Notre Dame Cathedral. You can climb its 387 steps to the top to be able to see Montmartre to the north, St-Sulpice and the Panthéon to the south and the Arc de Triomphe to the west. Take note that the view will be definitely worth the effort.
Top tour attractions in Paris
Just the mere mention of “Paris” would conjure up images of the world-famous museums, cathedrals and other landmarks. Here are the top attractions in Paris:
- Eiffel Tower - This iconic symbol of Paris ranks as the number one destination for most tourists. It is actually one of the most photographed attractions in the world, as it presents excellent photo op for both day and night. Here, you can ride the elevator to see the incredible views and dine in fine restaurants situated at the top levels.
- Louvre Museum - This tops as the world’s most visited museums, with its signature glass pyramid that marks its entrance. It houses a collection of more than 1 million objects, including very famous art works such as “Mona Lisa” by da Vinci, “Dying Slave” by Michelangelo and the Greek statue “Venus of Milo”.
- Notre Dame Cathedral - Your trip to Paris will not be complete without a visit to this world-famous cathedral that is considered a supreme example of French Gothic architecture.
Paris sightseeing tours and activities
Check out all Paris sightseeing tours and activities here at La Vacanza Travel.