Hong Kong Disneyland is a theme park that is situated on the reclaimed land in Penny’s Bay, Lantau Island. It is the first theme park that is located inside a Disneyland Resort and is a must-see for the inimitable sense of Chinese culture incorporated into it and, of course, its special attractions. Just by walking into it, you would feel like you are in a wonderland!
Attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland
Among the top attractions in this theme park are the following:
- Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster - Also known as Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, this is a speedy roller coaster-type attraction that is designed for people of all ages, though you should be at least 3.67 feet tall to ride in a mine car. Many parts of the ride are bumpy and some take place in the dark.
- Space Mountain - This is the fifth version of the enclosed outer space-themed roller coaster found in Disney parks. This is a high-speed, turbulent and thrilling roller coaster ride that takes place in the dark and includes sudden drops, sharp turns and sudden stops. If you are ready for launch, you will be in for a great adventure!
- Autopia - This attraction gives you the opportunity to steer specially designed cars on an enclosed track. This Hong Kong version is different from other Autopias as it features electric cars that have an onboard audio system and lighting effects. The theme includes alien landscapes and a lush jungle.
Things to Do in Hong Kong Disneyland
To ensure you will have a memorable holiday in this theme park, do not miss out on these activities:
- Experience the “Disney in the Stars” fireworks - Make sure you see the nightly fireworks display in Hong Kong Disneyland that is set to a montage of Disney music, similar to Magical at the original Disneyland and Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, though it is said to be better for its soundtrack and more engaging sets of burst. It includes spinners on the face of the Castle and has a wider spread of near-level fireworks compared with other parks in the US.
- Take the Mystic Manor tour - The trackless dark ride tour through the Mystic Manor includes displays that come alive with an enchanted music box, setting the new gold standard for Disney attractions. Bearing little resemblance to the Haunted Mansion, it can be difficult to describe the great qualities of this attraction. All in all, its exterior is beautiful, with the main ride itself blowing guests away with a combination of an engaging story, ride technology, beautiful music and details.
- Take the Jungle River Cruise - This comedic boat ride will take you through the jungles of the world, with the skipper still being the star of the show and scenery being a backdrop for his jokes. The ride is enhanced with great effects and a really astounding finale.
Visit Hong Kong Disneyland
When visiting Hong Kong Disneyland, make sure you will experience all the great things the place has to offer. Check out a Hong Kong holiday package here at La Vacanza Travel.