Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Interlaken - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Interlaken is a small city that is located in the Bernese Highlands Region of central Switzerland. Situated between 2 Alpine Lakes of Brienzersee and Thunersee, the city is a popular base camp for travel and outdoor sightseeing and activities in the surrounding Bernese Oberland Alps. While the place itself is scenic, it serves as a good starting point to explore the neighbouring lakes, mountains and valleys, since it holds all the needed facilities and can be reached easily by car and train from the major cities in Switzerland.
Interesting places to visit in Interlaken
Most Interlaken holiday packages offered include visits to the most popular spots in this destination like Jungfraujoch ( Highest peak in Swiss Alps and commonly referred as ‘Top Of Europe’) . For your vacation, make sure you are going to check out the Höheweg, which is the city’s main street that runs between the Interlaken West and the Interlaken Ost Railway Stations. You find along it many souvenir shops, pastry shops, and the Japanese Garden, a 150-year-old Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel. It is also where the Höhematte, a place that allows for a beautiful view of the famous snow-covered Jungfrau Mountain, is located.
Aside from the Höheweg, you should also visit the Jungfrau-Aletsch-Bietschhorn, which is a glaciated UNESCO World Heritage Site above Interlaken in the Bernese Alps, and the Unterseen, which is a small old town near the Interlaken West train station that has several shops and bakeries.
Things to do in Interlaken
There are many things you can do in Interlaken, especially during summer, such as:
- Taking Walks – Good walks can be taken along the shores of Lakes Thun and Brienz, or from the West train station to “Neuhaus”. From here, you can take a bus or boat back to Interlaken.
- Hiking – There are plenty of great hike trails in the city, including the near-by Harder Mountain trail and the Schynige Platte trail.
- Biking – You can take an awesome mountain bike ride around Lake Brienz and stop by visit the Giessbach Waterfalls. As an alternative, you can visit Lauterbrunnen by bike and look inside the Trümmelbach-Waterfalls.
- Swimming – Swim in both the Lakes Brienz and Thun during July or August, when the water is generally warmer.
- Sailing or Taking a Boat Trip – Sailing on Lake Thun is quite popular, and you can book classes and rent sail boats in Neuhaus. You can also just take a boat trip to Thunersee from Interlaken West. By going all the way to Thun, you can see small but beautiful towns with lovely buildings and castles. Take note that the boat ride is free if you take the Swiss rail pass.
- Engaging in Adventure Sports – Adrenaline sports that you can experience in Interlaken include hang gliding, paragliding, bungee jumping, river rafting, canyoning and rock climbing.
- Skiing and Snowboarding – The city has good access to several skiing and snowboarding areas, with the largest being the Jungfrau winter sport region that covers Grindelwald First, Kleine Scheidegg-Männlichen and Mürren-Schilthorn.
- Sledging – The best, but also probably the most challenging, sledging experience is from Faulhorn to Grindelwald. While at it, you can enjoy the amazing view of the Alps from the Faulhorn Peak before reaching Grindelwald.
Interlaken holiday packages from India
Considering all the things Interlaken can offer to travellers, it is definitely a great place for a vacation. Check on the Interlaken holiday packages on offer to create the perfect itinerary for you.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Immerse yourself in a breathtaking Alpine wonderland on this guided day trip from Interlaken to the ...
Fly high on rising thermals and enjoy bird’s-eye views over the Swiss Alps on this 1.5-hour paraglid...
Discover soaring Alpine peaks, blooming meadows and shimmering lakes in Switzerland’s Bernese Oberla...
Spend a day in the mountains on Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe with your private tour guide, just you ...
The Jungfraujoch, at 3454 meters, is Europe’s highest altitude railway station and the most highligh...
Experience the thrills and spills of the Swiss Alps on this half-day Grimsel canyoning experience fr...
Enjoy the breathtaking, famous Swiss Alps Eiger Mönch Jungfrau while riding the helicopter to 14'000...
Enjoy an introduction to the sport of canyoning in the Swiss Alps on this half-day canyoning experie...
Take a seat in Switzerlands first commercial Jet-Boat! We offer a great mix of Fun, an turquoise blu...
Step into the great outdoors to discover a side to Switzerland many visitors miss on this 6-hour adv...